Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Segment run- SAN-SJC via LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2001, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Segment run- SAN-SJC via LAX?

I can get four segments on SAN-SJC, it is actually SAN-LAX-SJC-LAX-SAN. The SAN-LAX legs are on eagle. The RT cost for these flights (AA) is $~100. Is this a good deal?
Old Aug 4, 2001, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
It depends on your status and how close you'll end up to the next status without those flights.

Booking online makes it 3000 miles for say $100 (don't forget parking, and if you have to stay overnight, don't forget that too). If you have Gold status, it's 3500, and if you're Platinum it's 5000. At any rate, it's 2000 status miles.

If you're not going for status, it's not a good deal at 3 cents/program mile. At 5 cents/status mile, it's a pretty decent deal if you're short on status miles for Gold or Plat this year. If you're already Plat aiming for EXP, I'd suggest saving up for something like SAN-LAX-JFK-PVD the next time Southwest has a fare sale that AA matches. That's a 7000 status mile RT for probably $300.
Old Aug 4, 2001, 8:30 am

i just did this route last weekend, won over $100 at the del mar race track!

It's not that great a deal for the money/mile rate, but if you have hours to burn and don't mind the extra hassle why not? I did this routing to get my 6th west coast round trip for a final 10,000 mile bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.