Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

"My travel dates are flexible' as a tool?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2001, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

I have found that Travelocity's "my travel dates are flexible" search tool is the most effective I've found for setting up mileage runs.

But I've noticed that the functionality of this nifty tool is not duplicated on other travel websites--specifically Expedia or Orbitz.

Am I missing something? Why does Travelocity have a lock on this feature?
Old Jul 9, 2001, 8:08 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
For a short time, Expedia.com had the same feature, but all it did was take you to the "Airline Fare List", which has been there the whole time.

Using the airline fare list, pick an origin/destination, and the list of fares, without segment taxes and PFCs, appears. It's much faster than looking for availability. Since I usually check 5 airports as origin and 5 as destination, that time difference times 25 adds up!
Old Jul 10, 2001, 6:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, peon literally everywhere else!
While Expedia is perhaps more efficient if you choose Flights, then Airline Fare List, and see the raw fares (and this view is certainly the right one to see the rules of allowable routings as I have learned here) Expedia does have the equivalent feature to "my travel dates are flexible". It's called Fare calendar, and once you put in your OandD, it looks just like Travelocity's screens but in a different font.

------------------
Celebrating 4 years of United Airlines free travel this August!
Old Jul 10, 2001, 8:16 am
Original Poster

fholt, thanks for the pointer to Expedia's equivalent of this important feature. I'm surprised that I had to drill down through two menus to find it.

Expedia needs to make it more prominent.
Old Jul 10, 2001, 10:00 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jimolson:
I'm surprised that I had to drill down through two menus to find it.

Expedia needs to make it more prominent.
</font>
Why?? They make more money from people who don't know...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.