Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

When will the cheap SJC-CMH runs return?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2001, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

For a while now, I've been doing SJC-CMH trips for around $160, before $50 CS certs. Not bad.

But for the past few weeks, the price has tripled. Is there some specific change in the competitive environment (vis a vis America West and Southwest) that has caused this? Does anyone know when the ultra-low fares might return?

I know some other similar runs are available (e.g., LAX-MKE), but I'm partial to CMH, cause I have a place to crash there.

[This message has been edited by pynchonesque (edited 06-05-2001).]
Old Jun 6, 2001, 1:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
The WN big flight sale ended a couple of weeks ago. They were advertising 198 RT coast to coast. You probably missed the last ticketing date.
Old Jun 6, 2001, 2:55 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Are you based in CA or in CMH?? Over the past year or two, I have seen lots of great mileage run fares from CMH.... fares you never see from CLE, DAY, CVG, DTW, etc. Most are to the west coast, so if you're looking to make mileage run trips out of CMH, juts hang on and the fare is bound to drop to somewhere cheap.

Monitor the Dream Maps on Travelocity for fares out of CMH-- I'd check about twice a day.
Old Jun 7, 2001, 4:19 am

United is $178 to LAS from CMH this morning. Phoenix has been the cheapest RT from CMH recently, getting as low as $88 RT. I bought some Vegas Tickets for $88 + taxes last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.