Mileage runs are illegal!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage runs are illegal!

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2001, 6:39 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I had the most extensive search ever of my luggage today at SFO. The customs agent said I was picked for a search because I flew to Singapore for three days, for leisure, I said all I did was go shopping (in that heat I couldn't bear being out of the AC too long), and I was traveling alone. I didn't mention mileage run because I didn't think the customs agent would understand (do they?)...but we all know the value of 51,000 miles for a $600 ticket and a weekend sitting on a plane.
Old May 29, 2001, 8:27 am

Programs: BD / BA / AF
Originally posted by ROADRUNNER:
Matthew, Sorry that you drift in and out in a daze at foreign hotels.
Roadrunner,

I don't limit my drifting into and out of a daze to foreign hotels. I constantly drift in and out!

Old May 30, 2001, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally posted by BathhouseBoy:
Flew FLL-ATL-LGA for the extra miles, and the fact I got to fly in a 767-400... so Delta would only give me the miles if i actually flew FLL-LGA nonstop??!!?
That is a legal routing on DL, I just did it myself. Their website will prevent you from booking a 3 segment trip from FLL-LGA if you enter the stops yourself. A stopover in ATL is fine. The funny part of this is that sometimes you will enter a destination for a trip and their website will come back and give you a 3 segment routing. They have a double standard if their computer books it that way.

Beware of the RPU!

Old May 30, 2001, 9:03 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally posted by drbala:
GAUCHO100K
You are absolutely right. No body can ever prove that you are flying to only accumulate miles. I love airline food, I like their toilets and I like the seats better than my own at home.
LOL !!!!! Great post, drbala.... (you like their toilets, thats a great one)
Old May 30, 2001, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Rif Raf (Defrocked 1K), CO Lead (Former Plat), QF Bronze
Originally posted by hackensacknj:

Subsitute Graeter's Ice Cream instead of chili and you have the reason that I have routed myself at least twice thru CVG and gotten a rental car to enjoy this regional treat (it gives Ben and Jerry's and Haagen Daz a run for their money).

For further info: http://www.graeters.com/

[This message has been edited by hackensacknj (edited 05-28-2001).]
And making a pizza run to Chicago is entirely reasonable!!! Especially if you've had to put up with the undercooked, doughy crust variety with ridiculous toppings that Southern Californians pass off as "pizza"...yucchhhh!!!

As a friend in Joizey once said, "You can't get decent pizza west of St. Louis or south of D.C.!!!"

------------------
In Economy...no one can hear you scream!
Old May 31, 2001, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
I have come to the conclusion, that it is the water in So Calif, that makes for the bad pizza. Especially in san Diego. Then I tried a Rosario's and found it very good. But they are Vietnamese. Go figure.

I still dream of the Numero Unos pizza in the early 60's. WOW!

------------------
Don't let what you are being get in the way of what you might become.
Old May 31, 2001, 7:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Originally posted by ROADRUNNER:
it is the water in So Calif
Indeed, there must be something in the water. I've yet to figure out your nonsensical ramblings in this thread. You aren't drinking that funny water from the still again, are you?
Old May 31, 2001, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Are you aware of the water quality from the Coloardo River source in San Diego or just being funny?

For instance, I have been here 3 years and calling the Water Laboratory for a city in the County, that had a pH of 8.2! very alkaline and too high. No wonder most folks are drinking bottled water. The Chemist informed me, that they add a caustic to the water. And he didn't know why, when I asked? It probably started many years ago to keep the pipes from leaking, and no one recalls when or why.

I have a FULL house water filter system, that suspends the minerals and removes just about everything but the water!

Not a spirits drinker, but I am concerned about you!

------------------
Don't let what you are being get in the way of what you might become.

[This message has been edited by ROADRUNNER (edited 05-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ROADRUNNER (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old May 31, 2001, 6:28 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, Hilton, Marriott, and Northwest
I agree that the airlines will never be able to prove that a flight is a mileage run, and if they tried it would cause way to many PR headaches if tried. What I can see the airlines trying to disallow is flights that barely make for some special bonuses such as latin pass in 72 hours? The stupid part is the airlines set the rules to cause certain actions. Increasing seats sold on a route, bringing attention to a new destination etc.

Again I don't think we will have to worry about any attempts to disallow miles.

------------------
Robert
Old May 31, 2001, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, DL MM
The airlines are forgetting that half of their routes out of non-hub cities are close to mile runs. A ORF-LAX route with CO takes you thru EWR, and with Comair shut down, ORF to JFK on DL takes you thru CVG or ATL. Go figure.

How does MMR (mini mile run) sound for these types of routes?
Old May 31, 2001, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

It looks like this Greenberg guy is making his round of all the talk shows. He maybe getting his information of Flyertalk. Why does he appear to be such an amateur about all of this? Expert?

Old Jun 3, 2001, 8:22 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i am reminded of a sales class where there was a session on the commision plan. the net of it was that you should study it intensly & do all you can do to make the most money. mgmt sets it up & you shouldn't care whether it makes sence or not. take it any you can get it! i don't worry if i was sold a ticket. particulary if it was o/l.
Old Jun 3, 2001, 8:23 pm
In Memoriam

dupe

[This message has been edited by clacko (edited 06-04-2001).]
Old Jun 3, 2001, 8:24 pm
In Memoriam

dupe

[This message has been edited by clacko (edited 06-03-2001).]
Old Jun 3, 2001, 8:25 pm
In Memoriam

dupe

[This message has been edited by clacko (edited 06-03-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.