Wiki Posts
Search

Help: I need 23 miles on NW from Detroit in the cheapest possible way

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2000, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold, HH Diamond
Help: I need 23 miles on NW from Detroit in the cheapest possible way

I need 23 miles to get NW Gold Elite. Does anybody know any cheap mileage runs out of Detroit?

Thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2000, 9:03 am

From Travelocity's Dream Map it looks like Chicago at $88 is the best option. One day minimum stay, travel valid Tue/Wed/Sat, so you could do a late Tuesday return early Wednesday trip. (Same fare with travel valid M/Th/F/Sun as well). CLE with SW service would also likely provide cheap fares and flexible rules...

Edited for UBB coding.

[This message has been edited by SMessier (edited 12-11-2000).]
Old Dec 11, 2000, 9:03 am

Have you considered e-mailing/calling NW to have your elite status instated without flying? I was 2,000 miles short as of last week (because I'm waiting on some NW re-routed miles to come through), e-mailed CO and asked them to give me elite status, and I believe they did, cuz I got an upgrade of one of my legs this past trip. I think NW will do the same.
Old Dec 11, 2000, 9:06 am

Originally posted by tsung:
Have you considered e-mailing/calling NW to have your elite status instated without flying
The official line on this is that such requests are considered after the qualifying year, making it quite a risky proposition, though it's at least worth asking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.