Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SNA-SMF $93

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2000, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

SNA-SMF $93

6 segments, 3000 miles for under a hundred. Since the fare is only on certain days, there would need to be a double ticket (unless you like SMF and want to spend a week there...), so it would actually be 12 segments and 6000 miles for $186. If anyone can figure out a way of adding another segment (or of avoiding SFO), I would appreciate it. Routing is SNA-LAX-SMF-LAX-SNA. Base fare is $63.

Thanks.

Old Dec 4, 2000, 10:49 pm

How do you figure 6 segments? I only see 4 segments and 2000 miles.

1) SNA-LAX
2) LAX-SMF
3) SMF-LAX
4) LAX-SNA

[This message has been edited by Tranman (edited 12-04-2000).]
Old Dec 5, 2000, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Whoops. That was supposed to be SNA-LAX-SFO-SMF.

[This message has been edited by Darren (edited 12-05-2000).]
Old Dec 5, 2000, 9:10 am

That is a good run, but the LAX-SFO portion will most likely be on United's Sh*ttle, where you only earn the measly actual miles (337) and not the minimum 500.
Old Dec 5, 2000, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Correct me if I am wrong, but on Jan 1, there is a 500 mile minimum on that route.

I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

On United, btw.

[This message has been edited by Darren (edited 12-05-2000).]
Old Dec 5, 2000, 12:48 pm

This sounds like a great idea to add segments, but I'm not quite sure I understand the double ticketing thing...

If I were to buy a ticket for SNA-SMF on a Tuesday, and then a second one for a few days later, how would that help me? Are these tickets good any time? Could they all be used the second day?

I'm really confused... Is there anyone who might not mind explaining this to me?

Thanks!

KevinB
Old Dec 5, 2000, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Let me give you an example. You buy 2 tickets for say the 17th of January, returning on the 24th. The first is sna-lax-sfo-smf on the morning of the 17th outbound, and the return is on the evening of the 24th, and goes smf-sfo-lax-sna. The second ticket is evening smf-sfo-lax-sna on the 17th and morning sna-sfo-lax-sna.

So you fly up on the outbound of the first ticket, and return on the outbound of the second. Then fly up on the return of the second, and back on the return of the first. There is a name for doing this, stacking tickets, or something. I don't remember. People do it who routinely fly the same place, in order to avoid the saturday night stay restriction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.