Kq: Cdg-jnb / jnb-lhr - 247 eur/rt

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Kq: Cdg-jnb / jnb-lhr - 247 eur/rt

This fare has been around for a while so not sure if error fare:
Attached Images  
Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:42 am

Works from LUX & FCO too in a similar price range. Bought myself one originating from LUX.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:30 am

When I try booking this directly through KQ, the price jumps up A LOT. Can through to the payment page for EUR 260 on various OTAs, though.

I am still passing up on this as KQ has a history of not honoring such fares. I remember one fare in J where I travelled to AMS only to realize they wouldn't honor the tickets. (And AFKL staff treated me wonderfully (was FB Platinum back then), they tried hard to push this up KQ's chain.)
Old Jan 28, 2024, 1:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
This is not close to being an error fare - has been available at around this level (eur 300) for a long time. I just booked over the summer (July) when the rate is more like eur450, but got it by calling KQ as the website as you say is crap.
thanks for the reminder OP!
ilegalnyj likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 5:59 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Has anyone ever been able to get this in Feb? I would really love to jump on this for like Feb 2/3 and then return like a week later, but haven't been able to find anything earlier than mid march.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
This is not close to being an error fare - has been available at around this level (eur 300) for a long time.
It was EUR 225 when the lowest booking classes were still open. This is less than KQ's incremental fuel cost. As the fare includes bags and seat reservation, they don't stand to recover much from ancilliaries. Thus, the contributing margin is WAAAY red

This is an EF, you're just underestimating how dysfunctional are African can be

Last edited by ffgap; Jan 29, 2024 at 1:47 am
Old Feb 7, 2024, 2:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ffgap
When I try booking this directly through KQ, the price jumps up A LOT. Can through to the payment page for EUR 260 on various OTAs, though.

I am still passing up on this as KQ has a history of not honoring such fares. I remember one fare in J where I travelled to AMS only to realize they wouldn't honor the tickets. (And AFKL staff treated me wonderfully (was FB Platinum back then), they tried hard to push this up KQ's chain.)
These are the remaining of sales KQ did few weeks ago not just JNB but to other east african cities . Advertisers disguised as bloggers kept talking about these open jaws all the time, many of these fares are still available through OTA but dates are limited (probably minimal stay requirements)

You cant book such fare on KQ website (anymore) , either the website wil throw you an error like departure city not available or price google show you wont be available
Old Feb 8, 2024, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by fifty_two
These are the remaining of sales KQ did few weeks ago not just JNB but to other east african cities . Advertisers disguised as bloggers kept talking about these open jaws all the time, many of these fares are still available through OTA but dates are limited (probably minimal stay requirements)

You cant book such fare on KQ website (anymore) , either the website wil throw you an error like departure city not available or price google show you wont be available
I second what you just said but doubt it was ever possible to book this fare directly on KQ website. First leg other than KQ (but alliance member and KQ codeshare), an error always appeared when trying to book directly.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by ilegalnyj
I second what you just said but doubt it was ever possible to book this fare directly on KQ website. First leg other than KQ (but alliance member and KQ codeshare), an error always appeared when trying to book directly.
That suggests it was an OTA glitch. So definitively a variant of an error fare, not a regular sale.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 6:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Tested a few of these open jaws advertised , so far no success as far as i remember , gave up cause i got tired so i havent done the entire set , but one way starting from same airports are fine, and return trips also , regardless if ST codeshares or not

For the record all posts i saw elsewhere than here were about OTAs

Now , talking about other sources , the fact that such open jaw 250/300€ fares have been bookable from KQ is based on testimonies reported here on FT , and i assume people here have no need to lie about such topic

That suggests it was an OTA glitch. So definitively a variant of an error fare, not a regular sale.
I think yes and no , it might be something broken through KQ API and/or KQ price matrix displayed outside of KQ website

By searching in google flights ; even when in case of a return trip , whatever nice fares google display, when checking KQ are not available at all .

The high ones which are also displayed in google no problem, but then its not worth flying KQ , better SV or switch to star alliance with ET or TK

Too bad KL african network is so small and AF prices to sub saharian africa are often a robbery
ffgap likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 8, 2024 at 9:56 am
Old Feb 8, 2024, 11:10 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
I think the issue with booking on the KQ website was/is down to the API - it seems to struggle with any open-jaw flights, pricing as two one ways.

I got a summer version of this fare at eur 400, but with the same very low YQ which is allowing the eur 250/300 fares in winter, by calling KQ directly, so it wasn't an OTA glitch

Actually just looked and they seem to have now added an extra YR surcharge of eur 135...
ffgap likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 5:34 pm

I booked this flights by OTA, everything was fine untill recently, but now the return is gone from my booking on the KQ and OTA website. Trying to reach them but they are unavailable untill Monday.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Bloemetje56
I booked this flights by OTA, everything was fine untill recently, but now the return is gone from my booking on the KQ and OTA website. Trying to reach them but they are unavailable untill Monday.
Wher are you due to travel? No booking change on my end - travelling in early May only...
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:03 pm

Wher are you due to travel? No booking change on my end - travelling in early May only...
AMS - JNB / JNB - LUX in April.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
is this the fare basis code everybody used for their AF issued tickets?

DGS0BFKA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.