Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL/AF - BLL-DUB - 964 DKK / 130 EUR Roundtrip - 20 XP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2023, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

KL/AF - BLL-DUB - 964 DKK / 130 EUR Roundtrip - 20 XP

This is not going to be a mileage run, but an XP run.

KLM - Billund, Denmark (BLL) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB) via Amsterdam (AMS) - 964 DKK / 130 EUR / $140 USD roundtrip. This will earn 20 XP at a cost of 6.50 EUR per XP.

KLM / Air France - Billund, Denmark (BLL) to Dublin, Ireland (DUB) via Amsterdam (AMS) and Paris (CDG) - 1865 DKK / 251 EUR / $270 USD roundtrip. This will earn 30 XP at a cost of 8.37 EUR per XP.

Google Flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...TEYg8Y5NQrWZYA

Google Flights Itinerary

ITA Matrix Itinerary - Single Connection

ITA Matrix Itinerary - Double Connection

Full Fare Rules
Spoiler

Spoiler

321 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Brilliant! I'm up for this.

I think this is the way to go at the moment, if you want those XPs. Anyway, Business in Europe is not worth the extra money.

I believe that there was also, at one point, a Billund (double connection) to Malaga run in Business.
cruser1 likes this.

Last edited by Concerto; Jun 12, 2023 at 4:58 am Reason: further thought
Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Concerto
Brilliant! I'm up for this.

I think this is the way to go at the moment, if you want those XPs. Anyway, Business in Europe is not worth the extra money.

I believe that there was also, at one point, a Billund (double connection) to Malaga run in Business.
I agree! Business in Europe is nothing to write home about and trying to find something in business that yields XP closer to 5 EUR per XP has become impossible.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is this available only in June? I haven't had the time to fiddle around with it yet. Might be useful later in the summer.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Is this available only in June? I haven't had the time to fiddle around with it yet. Might be useful later in the summer.
No - Most dates in June are actually quite expensive. The cheapest dates are in the fall (starting in September) into the winter. The screenshot in the first post is February.

Old Jun 13, 2023, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Excellent, couldn't be better. That's when I'll be springing back into action! Cue, a lot of reviews in the TR forum of Economy class flights with KLM. Suits my plans perfectly, made do a couple, back to back. Think I'll go for single connection itineraries only, though. Thought there was something going from Humberside HUY too, somehow.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Excellent, couldn't be better. That's when I'll be springing back into action! Cue, a lot of reviews in the TR forum of Economy class flights with KLM. Suits my plans perfectly, made do a couple, back to back. Think I'll go for single connection itineraries only, though. Thought there was something going from Humberside HUY too, somehow.
Awesome! I'm going to stick to single connection itineraries too! It's just easier.

I'm not aware of any XP run options out of Humberside, but I'm also an American trying to maintain FB Platinum status, so I'm far from HUY. You could get Dublin to work there too. HUY-AMS-DUB roundtrip for 169 GBP / 197 EUR. You'll earn 20 XP at just under 10 EUR per XP. In business HUY-DUB is 532 GBP / 622 EUR and you'll earn 60 XP at a cost per XP of just over 10 EUR each.

Economy - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...TuEeY7rcuLVXNA
Business - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...hnFLjCtX3MzQY6

I have also found a few working XP runs from TRF.

Old Jun 17, 2023, 3:31 pm

Also Available for a Same Day Return:
Nuremberg - Dublin for 144 €

NUE-BLL for 154 €
Old Jun 18, 2023, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good one!
Nuremberg is, oddly, slightly harder to get to than Billund for me. But I will definitely keep this one in mind too.

NUE-AMS-DUB RT yields €7.20 per XP
NUE-AMS-BLL RT yields €7.70 per XP

These are good figures.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:26 pm

Good deal. The Hamlet lounge in BLL and the new KL lounges in AMS are very nice. Dublin: have no clue?
Old Jun 19, 2023, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pedersens
Good deal. The Hamlet lounge in BLL and the new KL lounges in AMS are very nice. Dublin: have no clue?
Dublin is the T1 Lounge. Haven't been there since the pandemic, but before it it was fine.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, I'm glad I found this again: I was searching around in the Mileage Run thread in the Air France Flying Blue forum and getting frustrated. This deal is still available from late August on and works out at DKK991, which is around CHF129. But I am also seeing it for DKK964, which is CHF126. A very good offer indeed. However, it implies a longer stay in Dublin than I would like. Any luck, success or strategies with getting a shorter stay or doing a back to back ticket? I see that there is a very limited selection of dates for a 2-night stay in November... yeah, it works in November. You can even arrive at 22h25 one Saturday night and leave again at 05h55 the following morning!
cruser1 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Ah, I'm glad I found this again: I was searching around in the Mileage Run thread in the Air France Flying Blue forum and getting frustrated. This deal is still available from late August on and works out at DKK991, which is around CHF129. But I am also seeing it for DKK964, which is CHF126. A very good offer indeed. However, it implies a longer stay in Dublin than I would like. Any luck, success or strategies with getting a shorter stay or doing a back to back ticket? I see that there is a very limited selection of dates for a 2-night stay in November... yeah, it works in November. You can even arrive at 22h25 one Saturday night and leave again at 05h55 the following morning!
You can only get a same-day turnaround for cheap on a few dates (not referring to the return the next day at 5:55 the next morning)-
964 DKK
November 25
December 2

991 DKK
October 7

1031 DKK
November 11
January 20, 27

1105 DKK
February 24

1126 DKK
May 4

1202 DKK
May 11

1215 DKK
May 25

Old Jul 1, 2023, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's really great. I am thinking about combining one of those with a stay of a couple of nights. It would be better to try to overnight in Dublin because hotels around Billund are quite expensive thanks to the Lego theme park there. Wonder if it would work with an openjaw back to one of the German cities... I'll report back any findings here.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Low fares are also available from German airports. I am seeing €164 RT from DUS and HAJ, for example. This is worth the extra cost (€34) because of the convenience of the starting point and it still works out as a good XP deal (€8.20 per XP). Anything under €10 is a good deal in my book
cruser1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.