Wiki Posts
Search

EY: Fco-auh - april - june €169 eco rtn

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OWS,E+,A3Gold,TK+
EY: Fco-auh - april - june €169 eco rtn

FCO-AUH ET - APRIL - JUNE €169 ECO RTN €244 Bags.

ONE WAY AVAILABLE
​​​​​​FCO-AUH €71 +40 BAGS

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...TJjCgZIajBRM2Q

With 23kg Baggage.

Hand luggage only
+23kg Baggage + €80
cruser1, MeltingAlf and Slunko like this.

Last edited by Liams; Apr 12, 2023 at 3:04 pm
Old Apr 13, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Availability for this seems to open up on a rolling basis for later dates. I'm flying this next week, but when I booked it in mid-March the "cheap" sectors were only open to mid of May.

This fare is also available as a one-way in either direction, which is pretty helpful especially since one-ways Europe-ME is never cheap. And I'm surprised no one has posted this on FT until now, actually, I assumed it was always here!
Liams, jinkssick and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It reminds me a little bit of an Alitalia fare I got to Abu Dhabi a few years ago for €78. The return part of the trip went back to London City
MeltingAlf and Marschel like this.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 4:59 pm

Flew FCO-AUH on this today.

If I did this fare again I'd stump up a bit more change from Economy Sale to whatever the cheapest non-Sale bucket was, which I recall was about 20 or 30 quid more, to buy a cost-effective upgrade at airport check-in. Business was very empty (mini J cabin in front of Y was completely empty) and EF showed only 7 seats being taken. Economy in comparison was pretty full.

Asked at check-in about upgrades but the fare class being in Economy Sale means I couldn't pay to upgrade too. You can't upgrade onboard so don't try. A family of three at the bulkhead asked and then tried to chance a free upgrade and was promptly refused.
Lucked out on having an empty seat next to me, because 10-abreast Y on 777s are... tight. Didn't feel as tight as economy on ET 787s though. Managed to grab one of the front cabin Y seats at check-in too for free, and was pleasantly surprised it was an Economy Space seat.
Also surprised there was 3 rounds of drink service, and a full meal service. I thought they'll cheap out if they're selling cheap on this route — but many onboard were transferring elsewhere so I guess that's where their profit on this route is coming from.
Imnothere likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 1:35 am

Programs: A3G, BA Silver, LH FT
Baggage calculator states sale fares include 20kg checked bag, max. width 72 cm, height 90 cm and depth 45 cm
Old Apr 23, 2023, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely interested in this one. Think it will roll back into the system for August availability? I almost expect offers like this to appear during the summer for trips to the UAE, but I believe that in this case Etihad is going head to head with Wizz Air on this route.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by palcsaky
Baggage calculator states sale fares include 20kg checked bag, max. width 72 cm, height 90 cm and depth 45 cm
Not sure if Etihad's IT is shot, but my tickets showed I'm only eligible for 7kg cabin baggage. I assume it's a HBO fare but cheaper (hence Sale)

Didn't check in anything (since I travel quite light) so if I did I would have been able to confirm either way. And unfortunately I can't check on the way back since my return ticket was booked for earlier today, but I'm skipping it to cover a bit of time in Dubai and to detour via Doha so I can see the city (and Hamad airport)

Originally Posted by Concerto
Definitely interested in this one. Think it will roll back into the system for August availability? I almost expect offers like this to appear during the summer for trips to the UAE, but I believe that in this case Etihad is going head to head with Wizz Air on this route.
If you're asking for my opinion, I'd say "maybe". I do believe Etihad is going against Wizz Air, but the problem is that I'd expect expats heading out of scorching UAE in the summer isn't going to help prices. My personal take that it wouldn't be as ridiculously cheap as right now, but probably still cheap
Old Apr 26, 2023, 2:02 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, EK Skywards Blue, EY Guest Blue
Flew this fare last week. Can confirm that this is a hand luggage only fare, and EY is very strict about adhering to the 7kgs limit. This includes every item you have with yourself!

Also, unsure if this is still the case, but the fare prices out even cheaper when booked as two separate tickets for each leg..
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2023, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting to know about the pricing as separate one way tickets. As for the expats rushing away from the heat, I would have expected them to be long gone in June already. I am looking at August for this, but I recognize that the schools are on holiday at that time, as is just about everyone else!
Old May 1, 2023, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it possible to buy the ticket with an onward connection to Dubai? It would be an Etihad flight number operated by a bus. When I finally get the time (this is my worst moment of the year) to sit and play around with this, I might answer that question here myself.
Old May 1, 2023, 7:10 am

Programs: Aer Club Silver | BAEC Bronze | ALL Silver | Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
Is it possible to buy the ticket with an onward connection to Dubai? It would be an Etihad flight number operated by a bus. When I finally get the time (this is my worst moment of the year) to sit and play around with this, I might answer that question here myself.
Had a quick look on the Etihad website and while it is possible... It's a lot more expensive. This is just a random date in June.

Thanks!

Edit:
Appears to work one way. PFB
Old May 3, 2023, 2:02 pm

There should be a way to book the free shuttle bus to Dubai after buying the ticket iirc.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess so. But that probably wouldn't have an Etihad flight number (I have yet to take a bus with a flight number!) Given that the OW fare appears to be the same as that to AUH, it's best just through booking it as a flight booking.
Old May 6, 2023, 7:09 pm

Just wanted to note that there's a similar one-way discounted fare (but higher priced) on VIE-AUH on certain dates until 21st June at the moment.

VIE-AUH 100EUR

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...NDFZPRICCAEiAA

Return is more expensive on this route. Seems like EY's really trying to chase Wizz Air out of the markets they're in - it would be interesting to see how they would have responded to MXP-AUH when that started, but Wizz has culled it.
Old May 21, 2023, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The FCO-AUH deal seems to evaporate towards the end of June. Or is it something that only appears 2-3 weeks before departure? Which would hopefully mean that availability might appear in the system as the summer progresses.

ETA- I checked VIE too and it fades out similarly, before the 20th June.

Last edited by Concerto; May 21, 2023 at 12:41 pm Reason: more info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.