Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

LA - MIA-AEP (Circle Central South America) - $391.25 - 11320 MQM or 2830 AS Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LA - MIA-AEP (Circle Central South America) - $391.25 - 11320 MQM or 2830 AS Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2023, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

I was looking at Google Flights today and came across a very odd fare between Miami and Buenos Aires on LATAM For $391.25. It includes a bunch of hops around Central South America at a fairly low price, which could benefit somebody trying to obtain Delta status that doesn't mind a bunch of flights in a relatively short period in economy.

First, there are two routings and both total $391.25
(LEFT) A route with more connections, but not quite as many miles flown - MIA-BOG-SCL-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA
(RIGHT) A route with fewer connections, but is several hundred extra miles flown - MIA-GRU-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA

MIA-BOG-SCL-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA
Delta - Q Fare Class
Base Miles - 11059 * .5 = 5529
MQM's - 11059 * 1 = 11059 (3.538 cents per MQM)
MQD's - 11059 * .1 = 1105.9 (almost 3 times the ticket cost)

Alaska Airlines - Q Fare Class
Base Miles / Elite Qualifying Miles - 11059 * .25 = 2764

IB/BA - Q Fare Class
Avios - 11059 * .25 = 2764

MIA-GRU-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA
Delta - Q Fare Class
Base Miles - 11320 * .5 = 5660
MQM's - 11320 * 1 = 11320 (3.456 cents per MQM)
MQD's - 11320 * .1 = 1132 (almost 3 times the ticket cost)

Alaska Airlines - Q Fare Class
Base Miles / Elite Qualifying Miles - 11320 * .25 = 2830

IB/BA - Q Fare Class
Avios - 11320 * .25 = 2830

Fare Code
QLESLD0Y / QLESLD0Y
* There are several other fare codes, but the lowest fares are found in July, August, and September, which these two fare codes cover.

There is a ticketing deadline! - TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 11APR 23.

Fare Rules
Putting this into ITA Matrix, there are tons of other options for connecting cities! Some increase the fare to well over $1k though! You are welcome to try a few other cities than the ones I have noted to see what the fare adds up to! Here's what the fare rules say about -

Category 9: Transfer restrictions

6 TRANSFERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT - 3 IN EACH
DIRECTION
FARE BREAK AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED ON
THE FARE COMPONENT.

Category 8: Stopover restrictions

3 STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT
LIMITED TO 1 FREE AND 2 AT USD 125.00 EACH.
1 FREE IN GRU AIRPORT
1 FREE IN VCP AIRPORT
1 FREE IN CGH AIRPORT
2 AT USD 125.00 EACH.
A STOPOVER MAY NOT EXCEED 5 DAYS.
Lastly, if you're going to purchase this, do not try to pay in Argentinian Peso's!

Category 15: Sales restrictions

TICKETS MAY NOT BE SOLD IN ARGENTINA.
Example from Google Flights
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...kmFnPF4qtgnWL7
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...NY2XgtKtT6xWS6

Flight Options

MIA-GRU-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA

MIA-GRU-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA

Fare Calendar for MIA-BOG-SCL-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA

If you find a better/cheaper/longer route you can comment below. Remember you can have up to 6 connections, the cheapest dates seem to be between July and September 2023, and this must be ticketed by April 11, 2023.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This routing should be fairly easy to put into an OTA because it's only 5 flights and most allow you to add 5 lines to a multi-city search - MIA-GRU-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA

This routing is more complicated - MIA-BOG-SCL-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA
I have been successful by adding all 5 lines to multi-city search, then entering MIA-BOG / BOG-AEP / AEP-GIG / GIG-LIM / LIM-MIA

Example from Expedia (works at other OTA's too)

Flight Search

Booking Page

Last edited by cruser1; Apr 6, 2023 at 3:37 am Reason: Consecutive posts
Old Apr 6, 2023, 1:22 am
Original Poster

If you want to perform a calendar search in ITA Matrix and need help filling in the fields, here you go -

- Origin - MIA
- Destination - AEP
- Click the button to Show Advanced Controls
- Routing Code - Enter the airports you want to connect at between MIA and AEP. For the example, we'll look at this routing - MIA-BOG-SCL-AEP-GIG-LIM-MIA - so enter BOG SCL for the outbound flight and GIG LIM for the inbound flight
- Extension Code - leave these fields blank
- Choose See calendar of lowest fares
- Start Date - Set your start date. I want to see a calendar for September 2023 so I'm going to choose Sept 1, 2023.
- Duration - Enter a number or range of days you want to search. I'm going to go with 0-2 for an instant or short turnaround.
- Extra stops - Change this to No limit
- Click on Search and it returns the screenshot below

Filled Search Form

Results - Calendar of Sept 2023
sfsouthbay likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.