Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX-MIA $41 RT Through May 31. DL- $107 RT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Now through May 31. Back under $100 in September and October before going back to normal pricing towards end of October. Delta around $75 in those fall months. I just need MCO to fall to those prices on delta and I'll book several trips.

Last edited by bsagator; Mar 27, 2020 at 11:27 am
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Didn't I read somewhere the the mayor of LA wants the city on a three month lockdown?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Didn't I read somewhere the the mayor of LA wants the city on a three month lockdown?
I havent heard that, and I follow @mayorofla on social media. I would only book if i receive an antibody test that shows I've had and recovered from the virus, which I think I have. My older parents are in Orlando sitting at home alone, and my business in LA is shutdown for now.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

soon we'll have a growing group of superhuman with covid recovery certs who will be allowed to fly, cross borders eat out etc

that being said i dont believe its easy to do antibody testing unless right after recovery as antibody half life is rather short (eg days)...
Old Mar 28, 2020, 3:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
I'm seeing $31.36 RT LAX-MIA on AA for March and April in basic econ (B). $96 in main cabin (O).
Old Mar 28, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Same day basic econ for $25.76 RT LAX-MIA on AA. This is insane. https://www.google.com/flights?hl=en...576*2.USD.2576

1172 BA avios and 40 XP tier points earned on each RT. I don't think I've seen a 0.644 $/TP flight before.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Wow that’s just incredible. I don’t even see the point of AA running these planes. What a waste of $$ and the impact on the environment. Under other circumstances I’d jump on this.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
UA did the similar sale ($88 for refundable round trip) for BWI-LAX and then cancelled the nonstop flight. I had a trip this weekend and I had to cancel it because the new route just did not work for me. That is, the new route was too long and with multiple stops.
So, there is risk for such too good to be true deals.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkaradi
Wow that’s just incredible. I don’t even see the point of AA running these planes. What a waste of $$ and the impact on the environment. Under other circumstances I’d jump on this.
In order to receive bailout money they are required to maintain a certain schedule of flights that were in effect pre-covid19. I'm guessing LAX-MIA is one of them.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 3:43 pm

5,000 miles for $200? That's not shabby but the positioning kinda sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.