5/26 - OTP-BLL WhIteSidE
Print Wikipost

AF/KL: DUS-BLL r/t €419 XP run fare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by Concerto
A bit on the dear side. I think there are better offers, such as the Alitalia fares, or even the AF one to Tblisi (if it's still available).
can’t find any decent TBS fares personally in coming weeks, maybe it was just a special promotion at the time.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well this one began in Stuttgart AFAIR, with a transit in CDG. It sounded genuinely interesting because the distance from CDG to TBS just pushed the XP counter over into the next level.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Well this one began in Stuttgart AFAIR, with a transit in CDG. It sounded genuinely interesting because the distance from CDG to TBS just pushed the XP counter over into the next level.
(15*2 + 24*2) 78 XPs for €559!
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Somewhere further up in this thread this one was clocking in for something like €428 (AFAIR) so I put it on the back burner, in the hope of doing it later. As AirClub1 said, maybe it was just a promotional fare at the time. I'm going to have a quick look upthread now...
Old Apr 24, 2019, 5:38 pm

Somewhere further up in this thread this one was clocking in for something like €428 (AFAIR) so I put it on the back burner, in the hope of doing it later. As AirClub1 said, maybe it was just a promotional fare at the time. I'm going to have a quick look upthread now...
From NUE I'm seeing some dates at €509
Old Apr 27, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's pretty good. I would be interested at that price level! Although I am sure new destinations and offers will come around presently, I thought Armenia could be an interesting destination.
Old May 3, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28

I also fail to understand the fixation with this DUS/BLL routing, when similarly priced 4 sector fares for around €450 can be had from, say AMS on AF or AZ, on most weekends of the year.

Now, if this allowed routings via regions 1 and 3, like Alitalia fares from DUS used to, then it would be a different matter
But you can book DUS/BLL as a 6 sector flight, which earns 90XP for about 450€ or less. This is really good for XP earnings and not common at all, or am I wrong?
Old May 3, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Travelshootaz
But you can book DUS/BLL as a 6 sector flight, which earns 90XP for about 450€ or less. This is really good for XP earnings and not common at all, or am I wrong?
You are correct.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:26 am

Lots of easy one day trips from across Germany to Lego-land...

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Dusseldorf

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Frankfurt

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Hanover

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Hamburg

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Munich

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Nuremberg

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Stuttgart

90 Flying Blue XP Points from Berlin
glennhaak likes this.
Old May 7, 2019, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's really great, a good palette of offers there. I was still hoping to get it down to the early 400s if possible.
Old May 7, 2019, 7:17 pm

That's really great, a good palette of offers there. I was still hoping to get it down to the early 400s if possible.
I've been playing around with this fare, seems that 6 segments can only be achieved on AF flight numbers, but it's not just BLL that is in play... Lots of small Norwegian towns are available in the low €500 ex-Germany and also ex-Spain... I haven't really looked at ex-France destinations as the connections to CDG wouldn't be that valuable...
glennhaak likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:25 am

These are also working from some Eastern European cities. In theory it should work from Budapest as well, although in a quick search I didn't find any dates with the lowest fares.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:27 am

For those based in western Romania, these also work from Timisoara (TSR), Cluj (CLJ), Oradea (OMR) and Iasi (IAS). The domestic segments operated by RO will earn 2 points based plus 2 bonus points for being domestic RO, which should net a total of 98XP, or essentially FB Silver in one trip. Given the incredible rarity of runs out of western and the dismal earnings on RO on domestic flights, these represent a great way of racking up XP fast from these cities.

I've created a WikiPost for anyone who wants to meet up doing these runs. If you do not have Wiki edit privileges, PM me and I'll add your dates and origin.
ovidiux likes this.

Last edited by WhIteSidE; May 15, 2019 at 5:45 am
Old Jul 24, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite+ / Hertz PC / Sixt Platinum
Seeing VXO/ARN/GOT - SFO fares for 290 basic economy w/ flexible routings (DL XLL75SE). You should be able to add a couple of stopovers in C2 and Canada. Beware that domestic DL flights in the US only get you 2XP, no matter the distance. 50XP should be doable in economy, but be prepared to break your back.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
Anyone come across any good XP runs Lately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.