Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Talking DL/SKYTEAM SLC to Nairobi NBO - $741

SLC -> DTW -> AMS ->NBO

NBO -> AMS -> SLC

$741: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...461*.USD.75461

Google flights shows a more expensive fare, but the KLM booking looking shows $741. WebFlyer estimates 28k MQM's. Can anyone confirm this? I am hoping to book my very first mileage run. Would love to give this a try. I am already Delta Gold Medallion. What would my experience be with upgrades internationally? Thanks!
Catweazle likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
As far as upgrades go...

You are not eligible for any Complimentary Medallion Upgrades on the International segments. These are not upgradeable fares (with miles or dollars) and even if you could upgrade with cash that negates any appeal to it as a Mileage Run.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by laptoptravel
As far as upgrades go...

You are not eligible for any Complimentary Medallion Upgrades on the International segments. These are not upgradeable fares (with miles or dollars) and even if you could upgrade with cash that negates any appeal to it as a Mileage Run.
That is what I thought, and read about after I posted the question. Sorry! But how about the CPM rate? Am I calculating correctly? 2.58 CPM look right?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:31 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by Chrisbuddy87
That is what I thought, and read about after I posted the question. Sorry! But how about the CPM rate? Am I calculating correctly? 2.58 CPM look right?
I am unfamiliar with DL premier levels, but actual miles on this itinerary is 18,761. E-visa cost for US Passport holders is $51 currently. Visa costs are liable to change. Good luck and safe travels.

Also: If you plan on using the $800 DL travel credit, be certain that it can be used on DL codeshares.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
Originally Posted by Chrisbuddy87
SLC -> DTW -> AMS ->NBO

NBO -> AMS -> SLC

$741: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...461*.USD.75461

Google flights shows a more expensive fare, but the KLM booking looking shows $741. WebFlyer estimates 28k MQM's. Can anyone confirm this? I am hoping to book my very first mileage run. Would love to give this a try. I am already Delta Gold Medallion. What would my experience be with upgrades internationally? Thanks!
Looks like ~18,691 MQM (according to delta's system) or 3.96 CPM at the price you quoted. Assuming the fare class is V class and all segments are coded as KL - you earn miles based on 25% distance so ~4,673 RDM (excludes your GM bonus, 60% base earned, which would be an additional 2,803 miles). Grand total MQM = 18, 691 MQM (3.96 CPM) and 7,476 RDM including your GM bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.