Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

DL/SKYTEAM SLC to Nairobi NBO - $741

DL/SKYTEAM SLC to Nairobi NBO - $741

Reply

Old Apr 15, 18, 12:02 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: Delta
Posts: 26
Talking DL/SKYTEAM SLC to Nairobi NBO - $741

SLC -> DTW -> AMS ->NBO

NBO -> AMS -> SLC

$741: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...461*.USD.75461

Google flights shows a more expensive fare, but the KLM booking looking shows $741. WebFlyer estimates 28k MQM's. Can anyone confirm this? I am hoping to book my very first mileage run. Would love to give this a try. I am already Delta Gold Medallion. What would my experience be with upgrades internationally? Thanks!
Catweazle likes this.
Chrisbuddy87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 18, 12:29 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 339
As far as upgrades go...

You are not eligible for any Complimentary Medallion Upgrades on the International segments. These are not upgradeable fares (with miles or dollars) and even if you could upgrade with cash that negates any appeal to it as a Mileage Run.
laptoptravel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 18, 12:42 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: Delta
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by laptoptravel View Post
As far as upgrades go...

You are not eligible for any Complimentary Medallion Upgrades on the International segments. These are not upgradeable fares (with miles or dollars) and even if you could upgrade with cash that negates any appeal to it as a Mileage Run.
That is what I thought, and read about after I posted the question. Sorry! But how about the CPM rate? Am I calculating correctly? 2.58 CPM look right?
Chrisbuddy87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 18, 3:31 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Posts: 554
Originally Posted by Chrisbuddy87 View Post
That is what I thought, and read about after I posted the question. Sorry! But how about the CPM rate? Am I calculating correctly? 2.58 CPM look right?
I am unfamiliar with DL premier levels, but actual miles on this itinerary is 18,761. E-visa cost for US Passport holders is $51 currently. Visa costs are liable to change. Good luck and safe travels.

Also: If you plan on using the $800 DL travel credit, be certain that it can be used on DL codeshares.
cagcag is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 18, 3:09 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York, NY
Programs: DL DM 1.5MM, UA 1K, MAR PLT, SPG PLT, HH GLD
Posts: 222
Originally Posted by Chrisbuddy87 View Post
SLC -> DTW -> AMS ->NBO

NBO -> AMS -> SLC

$741: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...461*.USD.75461

Google flights shows a more expensive fare, but the KLM booking looking shows $741. WebFlyer estimates 28k MQM's. Can anyone confirm this? I am hoping to book my very first mileage run. Would love to give this a try. I am already Delta Gold Medallion. What would my experience be with upgrades internationally? Thanks!
Looks like ~18,691 MQM (according to delta's system) or 3.96 CPM at the price you quoted. Assuming the fare class is V class and all segments are coded as KL - you earn miles based on 25% distance so ~4,673 RDM (excludes your GM bonus, 60% base earned, which would be an additional 2,803 miles). Grand total MQM = 18, 691 MQM (3.96 CPM) and 7,476 RDM including your GM bonus.
langbr01 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: