Reload this Page >

UA: EWR-MNL RT $510 same day 2.3 cpm 21,546 mi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: EWR-MNL RT $510 same day 2.3 cpm 21,546 mi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2017, 10:30 am

This is my first time attempting to do a mileage run. Is it possible to still do this for 3/18-19? I can't find the deal anymore on google flights. Also, is there another thread for me to checkout what the abbreviations/acronyms mean when I'm reading threads? TIA
Old Mar 16, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA
Has anyone done the 1hr connection at MNL?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by pnutmnms123
is there another thread for me to checkout what the abbreviations/acronyms mean when I'm reading threads? TIA
Welcome to the forum! Lots to learn here, for sure! I'm still struggling with all of it. Here's a link to the glossary to look up all the terms: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glossary.php
Old Mar 16, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Has anyone done the 1hr connection at MNL?
Yes. Use UA transfer desk and not flight to Palau.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Kmxu
The United fare is available from many cities. My run started from RIC. ORF and DCA fares are in the $600s. The trick is to use multiple destination search on Google flight using GUM as a stopover. I arrived at MNL in the morning and left the next evening. My hotel cost was $26 (hometown hotel). Taxi was cheap, but you needed to bargain. For example, I spent $4 for a trip from PNR EDSA station to Manila Chinese cemetery. Airport to my hotel on Uber was less than $2.5. But be careful with thieves. The admission fees to Port Santiago were than $1.5. So, you should make a short visit instead of a pure run. I got upgrades with a GPU and RPU for all flights other than GUM-HNL.1K status helped! RIC-EWR-NRT-GUM-MNL was on W fare. But the total fare was about $900.
Is this deal dead? I'm trying to find this from Washington, DCA or IAD or BWI all are fine. Flexible on dates as well.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Great find, thanks OP!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: UA MM
Is this deal dead? Am trying to get it to work on google flights without any luck yet. If you have a link for UA on google flights, could you please send it? TIA!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by pindi
Is this deal dead? Am trying to get it to work on google flights without any luck yet. If you have a link for UA on google flights, could you please send it? TIA!
I'm not finding any flights that are all on UA metal, but there are some UA/NH flights. Here are some options from EWR, or here is one from LAX.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
I'm not finding any flights that are all on UA metal, but there are some UA/NH flights. Here are some options from EWR, or here is one from LAX.
Thank you - takes me direct EWR HNL instead of EWR-IAH-HNL.... total mileage goes under 20,000. Still good for $600.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:55 am

Thank you - takes me direct EWR HNL instead of EWR-IAH-HNL.... total mileage goes under 20,000. Still good for $600.
How about this? 21388 miles for $604 (2.8cpm)

Hmm, now that I found that, I may have to look into doing that! haha
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by mpiotrow
How about this? 21388 miles for $604 (2.8cpm)

Hmm, now that I found that, I may have to look into doing that! haha
^^^^ I will have to play around with dates as schools start right after Labor Day here in NJ. Got to be home that week!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 10:00 am

^^^^ I will have to play around with dates as schools start right after Labor Day here in NJ. Got to be home that week!
Make sure to post what you find...I may be interested in doing something like that (even though I'd have to position myself in/out of EWR). ^
Old Apr 2, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
higher prices

Not dead. I am seeing routings via LAX/SFO-NRT for $599 through 11/21. UA metal to/from NRT & ANA is a great airline! I am (still) not seeing anything via the Island Hopper?
Old Apr 2, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by pnutmnms123
This is my first time attempting to do a mileage run. Is it possible to still do this for 3/18-19? I can't find the deal anymore on google flights. Also, is there another thread for me to checkout what the abbreviations/acronyms mean when I'm reading threads? TIA
I've tried many times to get the DEN->MNL version of this to work on the island hopper, but the cost has always jumped up.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA
Whenever I try Island Hopper its $500 more than HNL-GUM straight. There have been multiple reports of people SDC'ing onto it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.