DL/AA - TYO to US Gateways $264 r/t Y Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL/AA - TYO to US Gateways $264 r/t Y Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:20 pm
x3f

Thanks so its a O/N fare. i was confused since the title said y fair.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 10:29 pm

Can anyone share some SFO/SJC/OAK links for OW? I can't seem to populate any of these AA flights on Google Flights.

Also, I'm trying to think how to nest two of these RTs that are Asia > US in order to maximize EQMs without buying a positioning flight. It's late and I'm a bit out of it - this isn't possible correct? If so - how!?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by jmw
Damn... I bought during the AA deal a few weeks back for $262. This deal ($302) works to go back to SFO whereas the last deal required a positioning flight to return to SFO/SJC. Oh well. I didn't think a sub-$300 deal would come back. Oh well.

Maybe I'll use the tail end of the AA deal and return on this one. Decisions decisions....
This is amazing, definitely want to book a few right now.

What's the best FF program to book this into(status/miles)? AA/DL or are there even better alternatives?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:03 am

Need * Alliance to match here
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:04 am
jmw

Originally Posted by SKYEG
This is amazing, definitely want to book a few right now.

What's the best FF program to book this into(status/miles)? AA/DL or are there even better alternatives?
I can't credit AA because of MQD. I only did it because I needed a ride back to the USA from Asia. I'm probably going to credit EY for the AA flights.

Now I wish I didn't see that deal and did this one because I have an overseas DL account. Oh well.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by jmw
I can't credit AA because of MQD. I only did it because I needed a ride back to the USA from Asia. I'm probably going to credit EY for the AA flights.

Now I wish I didn't see that deal and did this one because I have an overseas DL account. Oh well.
Do these fares earn both 100% on DL and AA? I live in Canada so I don't have MQD. Hmmm I wonder which program is better, both AA/DL fly out of YYC and I was looking to potentially switch anyways.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: *A G, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by x3f
Thanks so its a O/N fare. i was confused since the title said y fair.
FYI - Y can be used as a shorthand for economy/coach class in general, just as J can be used as a general business shorthand
Old Jan 20, 2017, 4:46 am

Is this still available to Atl? I'm seeing way more expensive fares end of march/early April. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by senzer
Is this still available to Atl? I'm seeing way more expensive fares end of march/early April. Thanks in advance!
gone baby gone!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: AY GOLD, HH GOLD
Not gone yet at least wit AA.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
That was crazy! Wow.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:11 am

Appears to be gone now with AA as well.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:45 pm

Booking HKG-DFW-ATL, with no need for the return. Is it possible to book a separate DFW-ATL to avoid a long layover? We will need to collect bags at DFW anyway to clear customs right?

thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriot Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by senzer
Booking HKG-DFW-ATL, with no need for the return. Is it possible to book a separate DFW-ATL to avoid a long layover? We will need to collect bags at DFW anyway to clear customs right?

thanks!
Yup. You will have to collect bags at DFW to clear customs.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Delta Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know where the original thread is? I can't find it ....

I booked a flight on Jan 4. I arrived at the airport today and turns out Priceline canceled it so AA couldn't even find me in the system until I gave my ticket number. I called Priceline since AA said I needed them to reinstate it ... the Priceline agent was careful to say it was "voided" but then said "someone on the website canceled it" but "definitely not Priceline or the airline." I said it could not have been me (as I needed a ticket back from Asia during this time and I had planned to see family right after), and the agent said, well, has to be someone who can cancel on the website. Well, guess what I found, hidden through a link in a generic "flight change" email showed that Priceline themselves canceled the flight. The agent lied, although I believe the customer service agents don't have full information and aren't empowered to do much anyway.

Regardless, now that I am officially stranded in Japan (given that I am American) and my flight (the last flight of the day to the US besides to Hawaii) has already left, I need to sort out my own ticket asap. I don't trust that Priceline will fix this at all, at least not in the very short timeframe of trying to leave asap tomorrow.

Wondering if anyone else had their tickets canceled? Was hoping to find the original thread so I can see if anyone had similar reports.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.