Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dl: Sfo-atl-pty $194 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Dl: Sfo-atl-pty $194 rt

Bargain! 7,719 miles books into V class. Credits 50% to DL, AM and AS.

Example http://goo.gl/flights/ZTiX
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
For $311 you can book in W and earn 100% on As - not a bad deal ^
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
it's gone!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:22 pm

As I was about to click through price jumped to $400. :-(
Old Aug 31, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Madone59
For $311 you can book in W and earn 100% on As - not a bad deal ^
BAD IDEA!! Until further notice, AS will not issue any miles for any DL tickets booked in W. There have been countless posts talking about this. People are outraged. The only other way to get miles and fly in W is if you purchase the ticket in economy and then upgrade to W class. However, AS will still only issue miles for the original ticketing class. All of this info is on the website and can be reiterated with a phone call to AS.

Discussed thoroughly in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...w-class-c.html

As stated by Alaska to anyone complaining:
"Delta created this class of service a few month ago. We checked with them at the time, and they are stating they will not award miles to our members. Our web site shows a W fare but does not show the percentage of miles that Delta awards. The statement "Earning is based on original booking class" is because Delta has been upgrading our members to this class of service, then does not award miles. If you were upgraded, the earning is based on the original booking class. If you purchased this fare, Delta will not award miles. We are abiding by the terms and conditions that Delta has set with us. We can not change the class of service and if we attempt to post with W class, it is rejected."

Last edited by wanderlust4life; Aug 31, 2016 at 1:29 am
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:36 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by lovefly88
As I was about to click through price jumped to $400. :-(
Which is still a good / great price for the route @:-)
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i am not happy i missed this one
Old Sep 1, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
BAD IDEA!! Until further notice, AS will not issue any miles for any DL tickets booked in W. There have been countless posts talking about this. People are outraged. The only other way to get miles and fly in W is if you purchase the ticket in economy and then upgrade to W class. However, AS will still only issue miles for the original ticketing class. All of this info is on the website and can be reiterated with a phone call to AS.

Discussed thoroughly in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...w-class-c.html

As stated by Alaska to anyone complaining:
"Delta created this class of service a few month ago. We checked with them at the time, and they are stating they will not award miles to our members. Our web site shows a W fare but does not show the percentage of miles that Delta awards. The statement "Earning is based on original booking class" is because Delta has been upgrading our members to this class of service, then does not award miles. If you were upgraded, the earning is based on the original booking class. If you purchased this fare, Delta will not award miles. We are abiding by the terms and conditions that Delta has set with us. We can not change the class of service and if we attempt to post with W class, it is rejected."
Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea. The AS website says "Miles flown" which to me reads as 100%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.