Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: LAX-DOH $717 ai RT (18,520 mi; 3.8 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: LAX-DOH $717 ai RT (18,520 mi; 3.8 cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by babypuwet
you have to call and ask an agent to split the flights because the system sees it as one segment. Some will do it, most wont. But if they are willing to do it, you will get flight credit for both segments.
Gotcha. I ended up canceling that flight and rescheduling a different flight (LAX-FRA-DOH)

I think its the same situation. Do I need to call within 24 hours to ask them to split the flight or can I call later?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA,BA
I'm doing a quick turn out of Lga June 18-20. Let me know if anyone travelling on these days!

I wanted some input as to the pricing:
Earlier today I quoted and held a reservation for: Lga-Msp-Ord-Lhr-Doh-Man-Phl-Lga for $729. I was able to get all flights on AA numbers, I had a voucher for $250, and Swu applied for the return. Overall a win-win. Except that at the time of payment, AA CSR and rate agent claimed that the system had a glitch that priced it $100 cheaper (approx). They said that this difference was the UK tax not captured correctly by the system. Further, they claimed that if bought at the $729, AA would not have let me board unless paying the difference in pounds. Could this really be it?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by swimdude92
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...6-07;a=AA;eo=e

Found on Google Flights

LAX to Doha for as low as $713 RT for availability through the end of the year.

You can find creative routings such as LAX-JFK-BCN-DOH on the outbound and DOH-FRA-DFW-LAX on the return, making it as low as 3.8CPM.

18,520 EQM
37,040 RDM
As an added bonus, if you do DOH-FRA, you'll get to ride the brand new A350s!
Old Apr 12, 2016, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by IncaTrails
I'm doing a quick turn out of Lga June 18-20. Let me know if anyone travelling on these days!

I wanted some input as to the pricing:
Earlier today I quoted and held a reservation for: Lga-Msp-Ord-Lhr-Doh-Man-Phl-Lga for $729. I was able to get all flights on AA numbers, I had a voucher for $250, and Swu applied for the return. Overall a win-win. Except that at the time of payment, AA CSR and rate agent claimed that the system had a glitch that priced it $100 cheaper (approx). They said that this difference was the UK tax not captured correctly by the system. Further, they claimed that if bought at the $729, AA would not have let me board unless paying the difference in pounds. Could this really be it?
Yes, if you are going through UK in premium cabin, I think.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by hiima
Yes, if you are going through UK in premium cabin, I think.
Exactly, if one applies an SWU for travel to/from/through the UK they have to pay extra taxes
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Exactly, if one applies an SWU for travel to/from/through the UK they have to pay extra taxes
The UK APD should only apply when departing from the UK. It is not supposed to be charged when connecting (or arriving) in the UK.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by Antipode
The UK APD should only apply when departing from the UK. It is not supposed to be charged when connecting (or arriving) in the UK.
Interesting. Thank you all for the input, I'll be doing some digging into the matter.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 11:26 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by FightOnFlyer
As an added bonus, if you do DOH-FRA, you'll get to ride the brand new A350s!
Having flown on the B787 already, I definitely want to fly on the A350 as well.

Originally Posted by Antipode
That's what I thought too.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS G75K
Looks like they've switched equip on the FRA-DOH / DOH-FRA segs to 787

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.