Reload this Page >

AA: YVR-AKL via LAX US$557/C$776 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: YVR-AKL via LAX US$557/C$776 rt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:28 am

I would be careful about trying to upgrade these tickets. I may be wrong, but if the low price of these AA/WS tickets was caused by dropping the YR, this might be noticed when the tickets are reissued for the upgrade and they might then want to collect the missing YR.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
hi everyone , how many miles do you guys hope to collect on this trip?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Given that dates are in the 2nd half of 2016, the new AA RDM earning rules may apply, which means one might not get the actual miles flown but instead based on the fare paid - which in this case is quite low.

Bottom line - good for PQM but the number of RDM's is going to depend on when/how AA phases in the fare based structure
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by GloverParker
I booked it yesterday, it's ticketed on WestJet stock but when I called AA to put SWUs on the flights the agent had to check with the rate desk to see if when the SWU's cleared, they AA could re-issue the tix -- the answer was yes so the SWUs were wait listed. I'm flying 6/29 so only four days after the flight starts -- I'll report back on upgrades etc. as I can. Fingers crossed!
Just wondering out loud -- wouldn't this be a good time to remember the "don't call" rule?? Given how low, this is in all likelihood an error fare; and even if not, quite unusual, so....
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by kaushik123
Given that dates are in the 2nd half of 2016, the new AA RDM earning rules may apply, which means one might not get the actual miles flown but instead based on the fare paid - which in this case is quite low.

Bottom line - good for PQM but the number of RDM's is going to depend on when/how AA phases in the fare based structure
Thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:20 pm

"The fares for one or more flights are no longer available" when tried to book.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:44 pm

Location: DCA's home, AA hubs and spokes are where you'll usually find me
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pfbloom
Just wondering out loud -- wouldn't this be a good time to remember the "don't call" rule?? Given how low, this is in all likelihood an error fare; and even if not, quite unusual, so....
By the time I called, the fare had been available and on multiple blogs for more than 24 hours -- had it been yesterday morning, I would have agreed with you but in this case, the horse bolted some time ago.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles GM, UA Silver, US Chairman
Great, thanks for the help imapilotaz!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Akl

I made my purchase about 24/hours ago and still does not show up at AA.com. I have an AA confirmation code. I am after lifetime miles. I am near 2 million. I can't find a prompt at AA to enter the confirmation code so I can select seats. Wait longer for it to appear?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 11:13 pm

Thanks so much for posting this deal,booked 10/05-11/02 for 2 $1134.42 if I booked it out of SEA it was $1800 pp. You saved us a TON!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Orion
I made my purchase about 24/hours ago and still does not show up at AA.com. I have an AA confirmation code. I am after lifetime miles. I am near 2 million. I can't find a prompt at AA to enter the confirmation code so I can select seats. Wait longer for it to appear?
Did you get a record locator from American?

Go to AAdvantage-My Trips-Find a Reservation and enter your record locator there.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by hogo74
I would be careful about trying to upgrade these tickets. I may be wrong, but if the low price of these AA/WS tickets was caused by dropping the YR, this might be noticed when the tickets are reissued for the upgrade and they might then want to collect the missing YR.
That's exactly what is happening here. I have no idea if/how the AA agents would notice this and if they can do anything about it. I'm not sure who is responsible for missing YQ if a legitimate OTA did not collect it.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Thank you Famosa. I found the link and followed the instructions. I now have my itinerary listed in "My Flights" at the AA website. I was also able to choose seats.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 9:50 pm

Flight hub will charge you $13.50 I believe for a seat selection but if you wait until you get your American Air locator number you can go to the AA site and select your seats for no charge
Old Dec 27, 2015, 5:19 pm

I searched these days, when I try the days which stop in New Zealand for 2 weeks, the price went up a lot, is there any reason to require to stay there for one week only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.