Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: HPN-HKG €672/$739 ai rt 3.8 cpm (19200 miles ish)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold

HPN-DCA-DFW-HKG-DFW-ORD/DCA/PHL-HPN (€672)
or HPN-ORD-NRT-HKG-DFW-DCA-HPN (€684)

http://www.kayak.de/flights/HPN-HKG/...09-15-flexible
Book via Travelgenio, sample: http://www.kayak.de/book/flight?code...9f6f&sr=1&pg=1

Other routes (same destination) price as €739,75 on AA.com

Last edited by BobKop; Jul 28, 2015 at 9:12 am
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:12 am

White Plains, NY in case anyone else was wondering.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
Originally Posted by largeeyes
White Plains, NY in case anyone else was wondering.
So funny, as soon as I read the OP I thought "isn't that White Plains? Why White Plains?".... and as I thought to double check my airport codes, there you were.

Looks like you can go BOS-HKG in Sept. for $737. Very limited dates - but I took a very limited look.

Last edited by FNZFUND; Jul 28, 2015 at 9:34 am
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FNZFUND
So funny, as soon as I read the OP I thought "isn't that White Plains? Why White Plains?".... and as I thought to double check my airport codes, there you were.
haha yeah... I can't help what airports are requested but happy to help
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by BobKop
HPN-DCA-DFW-HKG-DFW-ORD/DCA/PHL-HPN (€672)
or HPN-ORD-NRT-HKG-DFW-DCA-HPN (€684)

http://www.kayak.de/flights/HPN-HKG/...09-15-flexible
Book via Travelgenio, sample: http://www.kayak.de/book/flight?code...9f6f&sr=1&pg=1

Other routes (same destination) price as €739,75 on AA.com
Simply amazing...I trade derivatives but could never put that deal together. Can you get the Kayak page in English? Also although beggars should not be choosers I'm hoping to fly as much AA metal so as to use upgrades.

Last edited by fish3d; Jul 28, 2015 at 12:51 pm Reason: Additional info request
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by fish3d
Simply amazing...I trade derivatives but could never put that deal together. Can you get the Kayak page in English? Also although beggars should not be choosers I'm hoping to fly as much AA metal so as to use upgrades.
I can see this on google flights, very very easy to find. from nyc and i assume others as well.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by fish3d
I have structured Derivatives and done Institutional Derivatives Sales on Wall Street since their inception in 1981.
That's what taught me to create amazing itinararies. Its a way of thinking. "Arbitrage" thinking.
I live 9 miles from HPN.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I live 9 miles from HPN.
So are you going to apply your magic to this
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:14 pm

found from BDL as well for $775 oct 2-5 19140 EQM
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:38 am

Trying to make this work from NYC, which it is for the most part, but hit a small snag: google flights only lets me list 5 flights in the multi city option and then fills in the rest. Still works, but limits my control a little.

For example, had to list the last leg as DFW>NYC and it found a direct flight instead of through DCA. Fine. That may trim a few miles, but less hassle, so fair trade. Then changed dates a little and it inserted a NRT on the return for HKG>NRT>DFW, which is also fine, but if that's how it's gonna go then I would love to change the dates to grab a day or two in Tokyo...

How can I list more than 5 legs? Is the only way to call AA and spend an hour and a half on the phone tying to find the routing I want?

Any help here would be much appreciated.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by BobKop
haha yeah... I can't help what airports are requested but happy to help
Would you mind listing the destination for some of these 'little known' airports. @:-) ^

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I live 9 miles from HPN.
I'm 8.3 miles.

For those interested, HPN is a good alternate airport for locals.
It's next to impossible to use public transportation. There are no taxi stands at the airport, only a limo counter. If you were to take the railroad from Grand Central Terminal, expect the ride to be 34 - 54 minutes. Then, you can take a taxi from the train station. Estimated $18 and about a 15 minute ride. The fare better be really low if you're going to fly in/out of HPN.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by dhammer53
For those interested, HPN is a good alternate airport for locals. It's next to impossible to use public transportation. There are no taxi stands at the airport, only a limo counter. If you were to take the railroad from Grand Central Terminal, expect the ride to be 34 - 54 minutes. Then, you can take a taxi from the train station. Estimated $18 and about a 15 minute ride. The fare better be really low if you're going to fly in/out of HPN.
True. But, as dhammer53 said, great for locals. My cousins live in Purchase, just two miles up the road. So much better than going to LGA or JFK to start a trip. A small, friendly, easy airport. I often start my trips here.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
True. But, as dhammer53 said, great for locals. My cousins live in Purchase, just two miles up the road. So much better than going to LGA or JFK to start a trip. A small, friendly, easy airport. I often start my trips here.
Happy to help the locals I guess all the issues the New Yorkers have with this deal, they always have with the New York deals... getting to HPN from NYC must be as hard as going away from HPN to NYC.

Anyway, happy to help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.