Reload this Page >

BA, Houston (IAH) - Johannesburg (JNB) $793.36 RT, 18,040 miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA, Houston (IAH) - Johannesburg (JNB) $793.36 RT, 18,040 miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2015, 9:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Glad you enjoyed it, how full were you IAH flights in Y? My experience has been pretty empty, but they adjusted down to the 772 and 77W now, which eliminated a ton of Y seats.
I was on the early IAH-LHR flight. In coach, most of the middles were empty, including the one next to me.
On the return, was also on the earlier flight (left LHR around 9:45am). Was a little more busy; I had a window with someone next to me

Both the LHR-JNB and JNB-LHR were packed full. I took the A380 down, had an aisle seat in the middle section without a seat in front.
Was on the 747 on the return, sat toward the back in a 2-seater window, with plenty of room on the side.
Out of the 2, I definitely preferred the A380. Although the cabin temp was set to frigid, it was much better than the B747 that had some cooling problems (you can always add a blanket).

Food on BA was some of the best coach food I've had in years, and *almost* as good as domestic F on AA
BA staff (FA's, gate agents, lounge agents, etc.) all seem to be much better in customer service than any domestic airline.
The BA lounge at IAH was leaps and bounds better than the AA lounge at PHX...but the BA lounge at LHR was better yet! (with showers). The BA lounge at JNB was ok, I'd say on-par with a domestic lounge (but had more food and drink options).

I ended up with over 22,000 preferred miles from this run:
* PHX-IAH: 1009 (no upgrades available )
* IAH-LHR: 4834
* LHR-JNB: 5620
* JNB-LHR: 5620
* LHR-IAH: 4834
* IAH-PHX: 1009 (used stickers to upgrade)
TTL: 22,926

(and that is before bonus miles, and a TA bonus each way )

Last edited by aztimm; Nov 20, 2015 at 9:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.