Wiki Posts
Search

UA: W fare EWR-FRA/MUC/ZRH (-LED) US$ 700ish

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
For those of us who aren't 1k, it seems that the miles+copay is the same for T vs W. See page 4:

http://www.united.com/web/format/pdf...t-02-01-14.pdf
For those of us who aren't 1k, we might be able to do a same-day turn to reduce the miles+copay
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by pewpew
For those of us who aren't 1k, we might be able to do a same-day turn to reduce the miles+copay
Does that work? I've only flown UA twice that I can remember, so I don't know all the ins & outs.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:51 pm
Formerly richh1833

Programs: QF P1, BA GGL, AS GMVP
Originally Posted by tnkngn
AFAIK all Star carrier FFP credit based on operating airline. Not familiar with One World or Sky Team, maybe they operate differently.

Here's the mileage earning chart from SQ website, W fare with United credits 100%
Thanks. I assumed that all flights from any European city would either by LX/LH/OS/ect. In the case of ZRH-LED on LX that would earn only 50%, no?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP - 1K
Originally Posted by richh1833
Thanks. I assumed that all flights from any European city would either by LX/LH/OS/ect. In the case of ZRH-LED on LX that would earn only 50%, no?
I was only referring to the UA segment over big water - for the ZRH-LED portion you are right, W fare on LX only earns 50% with SQ Krisflyer program.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Wow, awesome w fare. Ive never paid under $1600. for a W to anywhere.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:23 am

Thanks for posting, however unable to find any dates with that price.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
Wow, awesome w fare. Ive never paid under $1600. for a W to anywhere.
Really? You usually travel for work or leisure or both?
Where's your usual spots, Asia? Never paid less than $ 1600 seems really high average in my eyes.

Slightly off topic, there's some great business fares to be had from United from Toronto, for example to all of Hawaii or the Caribbean. All below $1600!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Thanks for posting, however unable to find any dates with that price.
As stated above, I had looked for November departures.

Todays posting from Theflightdeal.com also features another fare to LED, this time from Seattle - W fare for November departures come in at US$879
Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Make sure the R bucket is available before booking to make sure you can use a GPU.
Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread but what fare bucket must be available to do the same thing at AA?

Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, Delta PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Where's your usual spots, Asia? Never paid less than $ 1600 seems really high average in my eyes.

Slightly off topic, there's some great business fares to be had from United from Toronto, for example to all of Hawaii or the Caribbean. All below $1600!
Ditto. That's why I stopped flying UA once I became lifetime gold.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Other cities, too

Todays posting from Theflightdeal.com also features another fare to LED, this time from Seattle - W fare for November departures come in at US$879
There are many US cities (for example, IAD) with similarly low W fares available. The problem is that the upgradable seats (R class) are not easy to get.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:39 am

I did search November also.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NYC1K
Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread but what fare bucket must be available to do the same thing at AA?

Any fare bucket for AA. That's why the AA program is so much better (for now).
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:01 pm

Is it safe now to go to St Petersbur & Moscow?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst

W would normally be booked for fares over seas this way a GPU can be used. Bought W fares in the past to upgrade to Asia Australia and Europe. There is no need for me to book W to Hawaii. Im referring to United in specific.

I see your form SIN. Was there a few months ago and paid $2500. for W fare, all segments cleared in the end. I had a few day stop in lax, so that may have affected the price as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.