Suspended
Original Poster

SU: Italy - TYO $214

Italy to Tokyo $214 on AZ/SU

Sample dates: May 20-28 2015

Last edited by Pat89339; Nov 6, 2015 at 9:38 pm Reason: Remove blogspam
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Instead of each time promoting your blog and earning some $$ for each referrals/booking, cannot you just either post the deal without any promotion for the website, or don't post at all?

If people here are interested in any cheap flights blog at all, they know themselves where to find it, and to check it regularly. This is just constantly promoting another website for self-profit in my opinion.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Instead of each time promoting your blog and earning some $$ for each referrals/booking, cannot you just either post the deal without any promotion for the website, or don't post at all?

If people here are interested in any cheap flights blog at all, they know themselves where to find it, and to check it regularly. This is just constantly promoting another website for self-profit in my opinion.
I don't read blogs, I read FT.

If op did not post this $200 fare Italy to Tokyo I would not have had the opportunity to see this AMAZING fare.

THANK YOU OP, don't listen to the haters
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

If op did not post this $200 fare Italy to Tokyo I would not have had the opportunity to see this AMAZING fare.

It's not about hate, it's about contributing in all honesty to the forum. If OP is serious about that he would just post the deal without promoting the website. And for the nonsense that such a thing would be stealing content from the blogs - it's actually always the opposite ways - blogs like these are using Flyertalk content.

It's all fine for me to post the deal, information should be as much open as possible in most cases, but there is absolutely no reason for posting the link just to drive up traffic on that website.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
It's not about hate, it's about contributing in all honesty to the forum. If OP is serious about that he would just post the deal without promoting the website. And for the nonsense that such a thing would be stealing content from the blogs - it's actually always the opposite ways - blogs like these are using Flyertalk content.

It's all fine for me to post the deal, information should be as much open as possible in most cases, but there is absolutely no reason for posting the link just to drive up traffic on that website.
if he does not post the link, someone will say it copies from blogs.
haters gonna hate.
i saw the fare in blog already. but hey. it is still a MR fare... what booking class???
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:59 am

It's not about hate, it's about contributing in all honesty to the forum. If OP is serious about that he would just post the deal without promoting the website.
Originally Posted by pbd456
if he does not post the link, someone will say it copies from blogs.
I think there is a middle ground. Post the fare + details and cite the source so you don't get called a copycat. Just don't include a direct link. Travel-website cross-pollination is bound to happen in the forums and it's a good thing; you just don't want the feed to become spammy. I think Romainianflyer is really referring to the fact that all of Murdocki's posts include a direct link to his/her website.

Anywho, it's a great deal! Wish I was based out of Italy!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by tipsytraveler
I think there is a middle ground. Post the fare + details and cite the source so you don't get called a copycat. Just don't include a direct link. Travel-website cross-pollination is bound to happen in the forums and it's a good thing; you just don't want the feed to become spammy. I think Romainianflyer is really referring to the fact that all of Murdocki's posts include a direct link to his/her website.

Exactly - I don't see any real problem in the fact that people share information from FT on their websites, or the other way around. It's a free world on the internet for all!

The copycat thing is a bit of a non-discussion anyways, as who knows where that website got this deal from? I've seen it already before they posted about it. Information spreads so fast these days! Besides, it's a bit idiotic imho to claim any certain website to be a source of a deal, as it's impossible to track down who really found it first, and no single person can claim ownership to a freely bookable fare in the first place!

The problem for me is using such posts clearly as a vehicle to drive up traffic to the website, while it is very easy to post all necessary details (airports, range of dates, price, OTA) in writing without any link to a website full of affiliate referrals. Adding to the community, instead of using the community for your own good.

But yes - for those who did actually book it for the price (already up to 350 euro as we speak) - it is a good deal, and I sincerely wish everyone who booked it a happy journey! (I just hope they won't lose their luggage with AZ as airline )
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by tipsytraveler

There's more than one middle ground!

Murdocki should probably put it in his/her signature that s/he writes/owns/operates the blog, so there's no concerns about conflict-of-interest.

I don't particularly care about the spam at the moment (annoying, sure, but at the moment I can skip through it, and this is clearly a useful-ish post, even if light on details). I do care, however, about honesty and forthrightness in fair dealings.

Murdocki should mention his/her role in the blog in every post; the natural place to put this information is in the signature.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:38 pm

I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has managed to book one of these. I'm in Italy at the moment and could use a trip to Japan! Plus, it would be nice for FB miles/status depending on the fare code.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:16 pm

Ok - in for NAP-TYO @ 480euro AI (2ppl). O and N codes, but total of 6 segments at least... plus a cheap trip to Tokyo!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by speedlog
I would be interested in hearing from anyone that has managed to book one of these. I'm in Italy at the moment and could use a trip to Japan! Plus, it would be nice for FB miles/status depending on the fare code.
Wouldn't dither on these sort of deals, they tend to be corrected fairly quickly/the seats available for the cheapest fare code are sold soon. Try booking yourself one now if you're interested would be my suggestion.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by jamesb2147
There's more than one middle ground!

Murdocki should probably put it in his/her signature that s/he writes/owns/operates the blog, so there's no concerns about conflict-of-interest.
+1 Very true and a great idea. There are many ways to skin a cat, but I think this would be an easy way to be transparent for anyone who runs a travel blog/business.

Thanks for the post, Murdocki!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses

same here
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:15 pm
jmw

Disagree 100%. The OP needs to disclose his relationship with the site. It's quite obvious the OP has a relationship with the site by looking at previous posts.

The purpose of the post was meant to drive traffic to his site. The details in the original post were lacking.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_Kenyon
Wouldn't dither on these sort of deals, they tend to be corrected fairly quickly/the seats available for the cheapest fare code are sold soon. Try booking yourself one now if you're interested would be my suggestion.
Truth! I saw prices change while checking out different dates. Happy with the deal we got.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.