Reload this Page >

AA: ORD to PEK R/T $610

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ORD to PEK R/T $610

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by venkol
You're never, ever, ever again to see those prices again, but you can get close to replicating it with a SWU so there is always that.
How is availability with SWU? I am a new EXP (years of CP on US) and now have SWU's to use. I would love to book this for me and another, but no availability for upgrades now. Any info on chances of 2 SWU's clearing before? I don't think I have a desire to do that flight in coach, even MCE.

Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan & AA Advantage
Originally Posted by bthotugigem05
I found it pretty easily on ITA routing through DFW in both directions for the 787 in October.
I see the airfare but it's not with AA, its with UA and AC.

Edit: Nevermind I see it now.

Last edited by TheSinister; Mar 31, 2015 at 1:13 pm
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Could I just book a quick round-trip to HKG to circumvent the visa?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Yes (but a single ticket makes it easier), see the lengthy FT thread:

China 24-Hour and 72-Hour Transit Without Visa (TWOV) Rules Master Thread
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA EP SPG Plat Hyatt Diamond IHG Plat Avis 1st Hertz 5* National Exec
Originally Posted by JenniferNAz
How is availability with SWU? I am a new EXP (years of CP on US) and now have SWU's to use. I would love to book this for me and another, but no availability for upgrades now. Any info on chances of 2 SWU's clearing before? I don't think I have a desire to do that flight in coach, even MCE.

Thanks!
I flew ORD to PEK this past week and J was about half empty. On the way back it looked more full, but there were still a couple of empty seats. I think if you avoid peak season, you will probably be ok.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP 75k, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by venkol
I flew ORD to PEK this past week and J was about half empty. On the way back it looked more full, but there were still a couple of empty seats. I think if you avoid peak season, you will probably be ok.
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and bought tickets today. I will keep my fingers crossed!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL

Thanks!
I don't think the planes on this route (777s) have real MCE (ie, MCE = bulkhead). You may want to check if you're concerned about possibly ending up in the back.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan & AA Advantage
Just took the PEK to ORD flight. Business class wasn't even half full. You should have no issues clearing your swu.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:42 pm

Thanks for the info everyone.

I actually booked DFW-PEK. The days I booked all seats in J are still available (with the exception of 1A -crew rest?) and it shows MCE seats, none of which were taken on the dates I booked.

I am thinking I should be pretty safe, as long as the flight doesn't sell out in J, correct?

I have done a lot of reading about the SWU's and order of upgrades, and since it goes by status (I am EXP) and then date booked (I would think anyone else booking and trying to use SWU would also have booked a MCE seat, just in case, and there were none taken) I would guess I would be at the top or close.

I am looking forward to checking out the new 787.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:44 pm

Got one for 614 going ORD-DFW-PEK-ORD. With the DFW-PEK segment on 787.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
I have done a lot of reading about the SWU's and order of upgrades, and since it goes by status (I am EXP) and then date booked (I would think anyone else booking and trying to use SWU would also have booked a MCE seat, just in case, and there were none taken) I would guess I would be at the top or close.
Probably decent odds. But recall the J/Y ratio on 787 is 'worse' than on 777. And it remains to be seen how well the premium cabin sells on this route. For your sake, hope the upgrade lists/odds are better than DFW-HKG. Just hard to say at this point.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Fare is dead. Yesterday it was available for various dates in the $650 range. Now it appears to be in the $950-$1000 range.

I had been rolling forward a hold for the past week until the fare went up to decide if I wanted to do this... I just pulled the trigger for a 5 day open jaw ORD-DFW-PEK; HKG-DFW-ORD. Now to find a cheap ORD-DFW to get back home (i'm starting the trip while in ORD).

It'll give me 1 1/2 days in PEK and 1 full day in HKG. I needed to do some shopping for Xmas at the various markets for "inexpensive knockoffs" so this will work well
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Any nearby cities offering similar rate? I can't fly into China from US nor fly out.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for the info everyone.

I actually booked DFW-PEK. The days I booked all seats in J are still available (with the exception of 1A -crew rest?) and it shows MCE seats, none of which were taken on the dates I booked.

I am thinking I should be pretty safe, as long as the flight doesn't sell out in J, correct?

I am looking forward to checking out the new 787.
I booked BOS-DFW-PEK-DFW-BOS for a long Labor day weekend back in March when it was $619. The 788 seatmap wasn't up on the AA website yet, so I couldn't select coach seats and was auto-assigned preferred seats at the very back of the plane. Any other EXPs who did the same should be ahead of you on the waitlists and may not have moved to MCE seats yet.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ianmanka
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Yes (but a single ticket makes it easier), see the lengthy FT thread:

China 24-Hour and 72-Hour Transit Without Visa (TWOV) Rules Master Thread
Ive had no problem with separate ticket. Just print out copies of everything (hotel, flights, etc).

I booked an open jaw with PEK/HKG and using Avios to fly Cathay between PEK/HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.