DL: JFK -> SVO $379 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: JFK -> SVO $379 rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bretteee
I think the visa costs $250 for US citizens.

And you need to book through a tour operator. They also get you a visa for a fee.

And it's pretty expensive to do that even with the low rouble.
http://ils-usa.com/main.php?id=postal-service&lang=en

Got my visa for $263, mailed out. Invite was about $15 USD. Photo requirements are 35x45mm, NOT 2"x2". Lots of conflicting information.

That organization is the straight-from-consulate group.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
booked a couple for $344 ORD-JFK-SVO-JFK-MSP-MDW going to book an onward ticket from SVO to either Stockholm or Copenhagen (or other cheap flight destination) so I do not have to get a Russian Visa (been there, done that) $52 base fare rest is taxes and fees nice MQMs 11,832 but only 2000 redeemable
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by acmys
Russian visa is $160 (money order or cashier's check directly to Russian consulate), and you'll need an invitation letter you can buy for ~$25 online.

Of course, if you want less hassle, you'll do it through a tour operator for more.
Most hotels in Moscow have a Russian citizen employee who can issue the visa invitation letter for a fee.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Most hotels in Moscow have a Russian citizen employee who can issue the visa invitation letter for a fee.
Do you know if Starwood hotels would do it free of charge for SPG Plat members?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wildman
booked a couple for $344 ORD-JFK-SVO-JFK-MSP-MDW going to book an onward ticket from SVO to either Stockholm or Copenhagen (or other cheap flight destination) so I do not have to get a Russian Visa (been there, done that) $52 base fare rest is taxes and fees nice MQMs 11,832 but only 2000 redeemable
May not fly anyway, on the visa side.

The gate agent at JFK did not let my buddy do that, he was merely going there and back same day, not leaving airport.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:15 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by landeej
Do you know if Starwood hotels would do it free of charge for SPG Plat members?
Perhaps... it is all up to them. If you book a reservation with them, perhaps.

Basically as a tourist, you need a sponsor who is responsible for you. You then register your visa with them when you are there.

As a Marriott Platinum, I still paid it, even though I was there on a private visa with my wife who holds Russian citizenship.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: I got to play AA Executive Platinum for a year due to a fluke promotion.
Looks like these fares finally dried up over night. Yesterday there were plenty of date options for $335, now the cheapest I see on ITA is $649.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.