Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Low Fare ex BKK on SQ metal (5.5cpm to 7cpm on A3)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold, Marriott Gold

This is my first post even though I have been reading up and learning for a while.

The fare is quite unique and may not be of interest to a lot of people but it holds unique interest for me as I do not fly a lot but want to maintain *A gold by maintaining 24,000 miles per year.

The flight are primarily out of BKK.

The flight options are:

BKK-SIN-HKG-SFO-ICN-SIN-BKK 18800 miles 1050USD (5.6 cpm)
BKK-SIN-DME-SIN-BKK 12280 miles 784 USD (6.3 CPM)
BKK-SIN-CDG-SIN-BKK 15114 miles 855. USD (5.6 cpm)
More flights available on Singapore Airline (thailand) website

The idea is to book flight in class K (which is the promo class). Class K credits only 10% to Krisflyer but credits 100% to A3.

Fare conditions are 3 to 5 days minimum stay (depending on destination) and this is a promo fare between March 5 and March 13 2015.

Thai passport holder may visit Russia without visa and this is a good time as any with the weak russian ruble.

I hope that I am able to help someone plan a holiday while maintaining the *A Gold.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:25 am

Not going to use this one but great to read some fares from Asia.
Thanks for posting
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:57 am

Programs: SQ AA TK
Thanks for sharing, but I think it's not as simple as it seems.

I recall vaguely reading somewhere that K will be a new SQ deep discount class. A3 has not updated their charts. So for now, if you can get away with it, good. But don't be too surprised that this K suddenly becomes non-earning on A3 sometime down the road.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: US Airways, Silver United, Gold Hilton, Platinum Marriott, Gold SPG
This does have potential, I'm worried bout K fare though too
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), DL Gold (MM)
It appears that TK is already hip to this K fare on SQ. It earns 0% as of last September.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: KF Plat, Hyatt Passport Plat, A Club Plat, Taj Inner Circle Gold, JP Silver, HHonors Silver
That's a great fare. Would you able to provide some sample dates for the BKK-SIN-HKG-SFO-ICN-SIN-BKK route?
Old Mar 10, 2015, 5:19 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Welcome to FT holypiston.
A nice first posting. Just found a nice " home " for my SQ FD flights in 3 weeks. ! Already thought, I have to stuck with KF's 10 %.
I quick opened the Chart and printed a PDF with todays datestamp.
So I have something in Hand. Now only have to Change the FFP #

https://de.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...gesellschaften

Originally Posted by holypiston
This is my first post even though I have been reading up and learning for a while.

The fare is quite unique and may not be of interest to a lot of people but it holds unique interest for me as I do not fly a lot but want to maintain *A gold by maintaining 24,000 miles per year.

The flight are primarily out of BKK.

The flight options are:

BKK-SIN-HKG-SFO-ICN-SIN-BKK 18800 miles 1050USD (5.6 cpm)
BKK-SIN-DME-SIN-BKK 12280 miles 784 USD (6.3 CPM)
BKK-SIN-CDG-SIN-BKK 15114 miles 855. USD (5.6 cpm)
More flights available on Singapore Airline (thailand) website

The idea is to book flight in class K (which is the promo class). Class K credits only 10% to Krisflyer but credits 100% to A3.

Fare conditions are 3 to 5 days minimum stay (depending on destination) and this is a promo fare between March 5 and March 13 2015.

Thai passport holder may visit Russia without visa and this is a good time as any with the weak russian ruble.

I hope that I am able to help someone plan a holiday while maintaining the *A Gold.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Finger crossed

Well, I booked a flight for myself BKK-SIN-DME-SIN-BKK in beginning of April, let's see whether I will get the milea. And even if I do not get the miles, the price was better than any decent airline flight to Moscow.

I also read up in the aegean forum where some discussion on this fare basis and mile accumulation in k in a3 is still pending (enchanted_boy) , however, aegean claims that's it's because the miles has already been transferred to another FFP . There was no mention of 0%.

As for the bkk-sfo flight, I still see several dates in may(may 7-may 15) priced at 33090 or around 1050 USD. Please check the full SQ website for fare rules and promotion period, as I am typing this from my mobile.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by holypiston
Well, I booked a flight for myself BKK-SIN-DME-SIN-BKK in beginning of April, let's see whether I will get the milea. And even if I do not get the miles, the price was better than any decent airline flight to Moscow.

I also read up in the aegean forum where some discussion on this fare basis and mile accumulation in k in a3 is still pending (enchanted_boy) , however, aegean claims that's it's because the miles has already been transferred to another FFP . There was no mention of 0%.

As for the bkk-sfo flight, I still see several dates in may(may 7-may 15) priced at 33090 or around 1050 USD. Please check the full SQ website for fare rules and promotion period, as I am typing this from my mobile.
I am one of the few LUCKY one who still pending for the K class with from SQ flight to post in A3 for flights in Early November last year. Made a call yesterday to Greece about the missing miles. Their system indicate I had taken the flight and was told it had been posted to other FFP which I insist NO as I still keeping my boarding passes with AS number on it.

They will let me know the results within 2 weeks finger cross.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Sadly a3 updated their earning chart

Well, Aegean updated their earning chart to play that class k of SQ will not earn any miles while backdating the chart to be effective as of 1 sep 2014. Because if this, I am unable to even submit a claim to the missing mile section of the website. It was too good to be true, and it really was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.