Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL: YOW-HKG, $718CAD, 17,690 Miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:58 am
Original Poster

DL: YOW-HKG, $718CAD, 17,690 Miles

Might be good for fellow Ontarians/Québécois. I've been looking for good fares to bring some family over for a visit, and came across this today on ITA Matrix.

Plugged in 7 days round trip from YOW, Feb 3rd, 2015. Got Delta for $718 via DTW and SEA. This amazed me as it's usually quite a bit more coming from YOW.

DL3916 YOW-DTW Feb 3
DL281 DTW-SEA Feb 3
DL281 SEA-HKG Feb 3

DL282 HKG-SEA Feb 11
DL282 SEA-DTW Feb 11
DL4112 DTW-YOW Feb 11
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pres Club
Also valid for other Canadian cities, as per this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-days-feb.html
Old Dec 29, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM, Marriott P
good fare - but with Delta you're not earning 17,690 miles...EQM yes...but now with DL Diamond...you'll only get 7,920 miles (oops - less than that since it's CAD!!!) as opposed to 39,803....that's about $400 less value in mileage (I used to value at about $0.013/mile)....so the economics no longer work...I'd rather pay more money with another airline and earn more miles.....good bye Delta....check please.....
Old Dec 29, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Silver
Excuse my ignorance...but isn't the point of doing something like this (unless you have family in HKG) to get yourself to elite status for next year? I get that the redeemable miles stink on Delta...that's absolutely true. But if you want to get to Diamond status (or any status for that matter) in 2016, isn't this a great flight for that?
Old Dec 29, 2014, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by BumpedAgain
good fare - but with Delta you're not earning 17,690 miles...EQM yes...but now with DL Diamond...you'll only get 7,920 miles (oops - less than that since it's CAD!!!) as opposed to 39,803....that's about $400 less value in mileage (I used to value at about $0.013/mile)....so the economics no longer work...I'd rather pay more money with another airline and earn more miles.....good bye Delta....check please.....
No one has MR for Skymiles for years. Only MQMs matter (we don't call them EQMs).

Originally Posted by TVSportsGuy
Excuse my ignorance...but isn't the point of doing something like this (unless you have family in HKG) to get yourself to elite status for next year? I get that the redeemable miles stink on Delta...that's absolutely true. But if you want to get to Diamond status (or any status for that matter) in 2016, isn't this a great flight for that?
Exactly. All that matters for MR is lowest CPM for the MQMs for status. This is a good price. IMO anything under 4CPM for 2015 is an OK price for a Delta MR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.