Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Aa - icn-dfw-mia-atl / atl-lax-mia-dfw-icn $795

Aa - icn-dfw-mia-atl / atl-lax-mia-dfw-icn $795

Old Dec 9, 14, 6:38 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Programs: UA Gold, KE Morning Calm
Posts: 780
Aa - icn-dfw-mia-atl / atl-lax-mia-dfw-icn $795

$795
ICN-DFW-MIA-ATL
ATL-LAX-MIA-DFW-ICN (what a crazy routing!!! GA-CA-FL-TX-Korea)

http://www.kayak.com/flights/ICN-ATL...-22/2015-04-29
poohhead80 is offline  
Old Dec 9, 14, 4:37 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ITH, BOS, HKG, MEL
Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, SPG Plat, Hyatt DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 1,737
Good find op! Btw that routing will yield to 20,806 miles and 3.9cpm
jona970318 is offline  
Old Dec 9, 14, 5:38 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,311
Be careful with that return routing. ATL-LAX-MIA are the same flight number as are MIA-DFW-ICN. You should be OK getting miles for the first two legs since same flight numbers in different directions is pretty common on AA now. But, the MIA-DFW-ICN should only credit as MIA-ICN. The difference isn't that great, but if you need every mile to requalify you need to account for it.
American Airlines – Flight 2471 (economy) 4h 44m
7:10p Wed, Apr 29 ATL Atlanta, GA
8:54p Wed, Apr 29 LAX Los Angeles, CA
Boeing 737-800 (Narrow-body Jet) | 4h 44m | 7 seats remain
Same plane LAX Los Angeles, CA
0h 56m

American Airlines – Flight 2471 (economy) 5h 04m
9:50p Wed, Apr 29 LAX Los Angeles, CA
5:54a Thu, Apr 30 MIA Miami, FL
Boeing 737-800 (Narrow-body Jet) | 5h 04m
Change planes MIA Miami, FL
1h 14m

American Airlines – Flight 281 (economy) 3h 07m
7:08a Thu, Apr 30 MIA Miami, FL
9:15a Thu, Apr 30 DFW Dallas, TX
Boeing 737-800 (Narrow-body Jet) | 3h 07m | 7 seats remain
Same plane DFW Dallas, TX
1h 30m

American Airlines – Flight 281 (economy) 14h 30m
10:45a Thu, Apr 30 DFW Dallas, TX
3:15p Fri, May 1 ICN Seoul, South Korea
Boeing 777 (Wide-body Jet) | 14h 30m
skunker is offline  
Old Dec 9, 14, 8:46 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
But, the MIA-DFW-ICN should only credit as MIA-ICN. The difference isn't that great, but if you need every mile to requalify you need to account for it.
New to this stuff, so apologies.
but why?
theweather is offline  
Old Dec 9, 14, 9:58 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots of faux metal
Posts: 5,311
Originally Posted by theweather View Post
New to this stuff, so apologies.
but why?
AA credits direct flights with a single flight number as a single flight. AA has done a lot of flight realigning due to the merger, so there are a lot more direct flights that this applies to (e.g. West Coast US to Europe and East Coast US to Asia).
skunker is offline  
Old Dec 10, 14, 1:01 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SAN
Programs: Lots
Posts: 635
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
AA credits direct flights with a single flight number as a single flight. AA has done a lot of flight realigning due to the merger, so there are a lot more direct flights that this applies to (e.g. West Coast US to Europe and East Coast US to Asia).
I'm not sure they do anymore - I have the following flights credited from earlier this year

10/28/14 AMERICAN AIRLINES 4294 Y MIA IND 1,021 1,021 2,042
10/28/14 AMERICAN AIRLINES 4294 Y IND ORD 177 823 1,000

If they did it as just a single flight I would have just received 1197 EQM vs 1521 and 2394 RDM vs 3042.

I had always heard that they just gave the direct flight mileage so was pleasantly surprised to see both flights in my summary.
IggySD is offline  
Old Dec 12, 14, 8:50 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ITH, BOS, HKG, MEL
Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, SPG Plat, Hyatt DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 1,737
Originally Posted by IggySD View Post
I'm not sure they do anymore - I have the following flights credited from earlier this year

10/28/14 AMERICAN AIRLINES 4294 Y MIA IND 1,021 1,021 2,042
10/28/14 AMERICAN AIRLINES 4294 Y IND ORD 177 823 1,000

If they did it as just a single flight I would have just received 1197 EQM vs 1521 and 2394 RDM vs 3042.

I had always heard that they just gave the direct flight mileage so was pleasantly surprised to see both flights in my summary.
I think it depends on the boarding pass you hold. If you hold two different BPs then you should be credited according to the routing on your boarding pass. Just my two cents
jona970318 is offline  
Old Dec 12, 14, 4:56 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Upsate SC
Programs: AA, Hyatt GP, SPG
Posts: 51
Does anybody have fare rules or able to recreate this in Jan/Feb?
RDGCU is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 5:56 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 341
ICN-DFW-ATL with 7 days stay, return same route ATL-DFW-ICN for $304
MAZ199 is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 6:49 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: TK E+, DL platinum
Posts: 1,213
Originally Posted by MAZ199 View Post
ICN-DFW-ATL with 7 days stay, return same route ATL-DFW-ICN for $304
fab deal...lot of availability. thanks...
Culture Guru is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 7:20 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
Posts: 933
Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL View Post
fab deal...lot of availability. thanks...
What dates and where you finding this please?
aglp2k is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 7:22 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: TK E+, DL platinum
Posts: 1,213
Originally Posted by aglp2k View Post
What dates and where you finding this please?
feb and march - 7 day stay...
Culture Guru is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 7:42 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: C1
Programs: AA,BA,AS,UA,HH
Posts: 24
Thanks OP! booked in April. Award available on aa.com to reach ICN.
worldjunky is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 10:07 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WORLD
Programs: AA, US, BA, AV
Posts: 92
Thanks for great deal

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL View Post
fab deal...lot of availability. thanks...
I found something around 299 USD.. but that kind Q fare is eligible for earning miles ? if it is then.. it is very good deal for miles run or status challenge

I am thinking for doing status challenge in March
flyinstyle is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 4:49 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Posts: 1,168
seeing $290USD A/I AA+ / f bc=q
macdonaldj2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: