Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: IND-ORD-EWR-SJU-IAH-IND $385.50 rt 10710mi 3.6cpm

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:16 am
Original Poster

UA: IND-ORD-EWR-SJU-IAH-IND $385.50 rt 10710mi 3.6cpm

Hi folks, long time lurker that finally registered. I have a block of UA miles that is about to expire, so I started poking around on here looking for easy ways to just snag a few miles and reset my expiration date. A few hours of lost time later, I read much of this particular sub and thought I'd go looking for a good deal that also happens to be coincidentally near my home base of CVG.

I hope I do this right, this has been a valuable site for me and I want to start off on the right foot!

Anyway, found this flight with sample date Saturday May 3 for $385.50 RT. Flights are:

5:15-5:16 IND-ORD
8:00-11:05 ORD-EWR
11:35-15:35 EWR-SJU
16:20-20:12 SJU-IAH
21:08-00:30 IAH-IND

May not be of help to too many people, but it looked like a good deal with what was a "same day" (+30 mins) turnaround, so I figured I'd share.

Feel free to yell at me if I did anything improper!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: UA: Platinum
You got me excited because I live in Louisville, but according to my calculations, you only earn 5,679 miles with this routing before bonuses, so it comes out to 6.8 cpm... not exactly MR material. Thanks for trying, though!
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
5679 assumes 500-mile minimums; 5356 without, which is half of the mileage in the title.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bearcat81
Hi folks, long time lurker that finally registered. I have a block of UA miles that is about to expire, so I started poking around on here looking for easy ways to just snag a few miles and reset my expiration date. A few hours of lost time later, I read much of this particular sub and thought I'd go looking for a good deal that also happens to be coincidentally near my home base of CVG.

I hope I do this right, this has been a valuable site for me and I want to start off on the right foot!

Anyway, found this flight with sample date Saturday May 3 for $385.50 RT. Flights are:

5:15-5:16 IND-ORD
8:00-11:05 ORD-EWR
11:35-15:35 EWR-SJU
16:20-20:12 SJU-IAH
21:08-00:30 IAH-IND

May not be of help to too many people, but it looked like a good deal with what was a "same day" (+30 mins) turnaround, so I figured I'd share.

Feel free to yell at me if I did anything improper!
Easiest way to reset your mileage expiration is to buy something through the UA website shopping. I've used this for my kids accounts by buying something I was going to buy anyway from Home Depot on the UA site, then simply picking it up at the store.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jayhawk17
You got me excited because I live in Louisville, but according to my calculations, you only earn 5,679 miles with this routing before bonuses, so it comes out to 6.8 cpm... not exactly MR material. Thanks for trying, though!

weird, because when i plugged it in here just to make sure before posting it, it generated a far different number:

http://www.milecalc.com/schmutzig/?p...%0ASJU-IAH-IND

change the toolbar on the right to united and it says 10710 r/t
Old Mar 13, 2014, 9:36 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, AA, SPG - Gold, LM
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
Easiest way to reset your mileage expiration is to buy something through the UA website shopping. I've used this for my kids accounts by buying something I was going to buy anyway from Home Depot on the UA site, then simply picking it up at the store.
Just as information, a much easier way would be to book a one-way award (anywhere) if you have at least 12.5k, and cancel it right after the ticketing, and that will reset your expiration.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Reminder - You can reset expiration date when you rent a car by adding your airline mileage program for credit.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:13 pm
wcj

OP when you change the connecting airports on the return such that you place the entire RT flight in the calculator, you use the one way number. When you use the RT number, the calculator is telling you the mileage for IND-ORD-EWR-SJU-IAH-IND and then the same in reverse, I.e. IND-IAH-SJU-EWR-ORD-IND, in essence, two trips to SJU. Hope that helps.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
weird, because when i plugged it in here just to make sure before posting it, it generated a far different number:

http://www.milecalc.com/schmutzig/?p...%0ASJU-IAH-IND

change the toolbar on the right to united and it says 10710 r/t
Take a second look. You are entering the trip as one way so milecalc is doubling it to form a round trip, when in fact it already is a round trip.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Hi folks, long time lurker that finally registered.

Welcome! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.