Wiki Posts
Search

DL: SEA-ATL-ELP RT $220ai - 3.1cpm - 2 nights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
DL: SEA-ATL-ELP RT $220ai - 3.1cpm - 2 nights

Probably not practical from a pure MR standpoint, but if anyone in SEA wants to take a weekend trip to ELP this is a great run:

Dates Sat 3/2 to Mon 3/4
DL1598-DL2293 outbound
DL2136-DL2329 return

ITA prices out to $219.60 all-in
Unofficial skymiles calculator says 6928 miles flown/MQM/RDM

I checked both directions out until July and this is the only instance where this fare worked...

GL & HF
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Just don't walk near the border or drive on the border highway and you should be perfectly safe with this MR Of course, ELP is really boring and even more boring in winter.

Good fare nonetheless.

-RM
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:24 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Just don't walk near the border or drive on the border highway and you should be perfectly safe with this MR Of course, ELP is really boring and even more boring in winter.

Good fare nonetheless.

-RM
While EP isn;t the most exciting place I've actually come to appreciate it a bit in my trips there. Also, White Sands Memorial and Carlsbad Caverns are day trips away. Las Cruces is also only a 30 minute drive which is supposed to be a bit more interesting place.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG, DL Silver, Hilton Gold
Las Cruzes is pretty terrible as well.

I did have the best Mexican Food i've ever had in the US before in El Paso. The restaurant is called L & J Cafe. Definitely worth a visit.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Just don't walk near the border or drive on the border highway and you should be perfectly safe with this MR -RM
Strangely enough, I read your reply and my first thought was "I'm pretty sure the Canadian border area with Seattle was safe last time I went there". Heh.

I haven't been to ELP in about 10 years, but it was a decent enough place back then. It was heartbreaking though to see the disparity between the US side (new McMansions, new cars) on the one hand and the view down in the valley with the squalor on the Mexican side. Makes you appreciate the accident of being born on the right side of the river....

Gloob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.