Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK/*A : LAX-IFN (Isfahan, Iran) for $601 a.i. , 16,526 miles @ 3.6cpm

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by manneca
Iran is a wonderful country. I went there in 2004 (I think). Isfahan is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The people are friendly.
I'm sure there were Americans visiting Berlin or Tokyo in the 1930s who said the same thing.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by metsfan1962
I'm sure there were Americans visiting Berlin or Tokyo in the 1930s who said the same thing.
Do tell how Berlin of the 1930s compares to Iran?
Please, educate those of us who get their facts from actually visiting places and not from fox news....
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Do tell how Berlin of the 1930s compares to Iran?
Please, educate those of us who get their facts from actually visiting places and not from fox news....
Tehran, like Berlin in the '30s, is the seat of a government that threatens to attack countries that don't threaten it, in fulfillment with a hateful ideology.

BTW, when you were visiting Iran, did you happen to see Basij beating people in the streets? I'm pretty confident that the tourist sites you visited did not include Evin prison.

[Mods, please feel free to take down this post along with other such "political" commentary. Posts about the practicality of travel to Iran (e.g., getting a visa, safety when there, etc.) ought not be counted as "political."]
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:24 am

Programs: EXP
Originally Posted by itsme
[Mods, please feel free to take down this post along with other such "political" commentary. Posts about the practicality of travel to Iran (e.g., getting a visa, safety when there, etc.) ought not be counted as "political."]
Winding up in a political prison is a very "practical" aspect of traveling to Iran which should definitely be discussed on FT. Posters discuss things like being able to shop, eat, obtain lounge entrance, etc in various airports in different countries. The possibility of being imprisoned and tortured in different countries, when it's a distinct possibility, is way more important, so why should FT want to keep such info from frequent flyers?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: UA 1K - National Executive.
Winding up in a political prison is a very "practical" aspect of traveling to Iran which should definitely be discussed on FT. Posters discuss things like being able to shop, eat, obtain lounge entrance, etc in various airports in different countries. The possibility of being imprisoned and tortured in different countries, when it's a distinct possibility, is way more important, so why should FT want to keep such info from frequent flyers?
because FT itself is very political... They censorship what can be said on here and often delete post or close very appropriate threads.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:35 am

Programs: united airlines
No one is keeping such info from frequent flyers. It is a matter of not going OT when the conversation is supposed to be about MR deals per se, not about the politics of the destination. I agree with you that Tehran can be likened to Berlin of the '30s in terms of sinister, but I disagree with you that this thread is the place to discuss that likeness. (And I expect the mods will take down our posts, as they should.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.