Search

UA/DL: FLL-SEA ~$250ai

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Samples:
UA: Sep 22 FLL-EWR-SEA-EWR-FLL $257ai (6920mi ~3.7cpm)
UA: Oct 29-30 SEA-EWR-FLL-EWR-SEA $257ai (6920mi ~3.7cpm)
DL: Sep 15 FLL-DTW-SEA-DTW-FLL $257ai (6100mi ~4.2cpm)

-TRAVEL ON THIS FARE COMPONENT ON EACH TRIP MUST COMMENCE BY MIDNIGHT ON 04JAN 13.
-One way fares.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
After positioning from ATL, 6.8cpm. :-(
Old Jun 9, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
Nice find!

I am looking at using avios for positioning to MIA and take the $5 train to FLL.

Also found FLL-ATL one way for the return for $100 on DL. Makes it 5.25 CPM but avoids backtrack to MIA.

This might get me enough miles to kick over to Gold for the year which would be nice.

Hmmm....
Old Jun 9, 2012, 12:57 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by foofiter
Nice find!

I am looking at using avios for positioning to MIA and take the $5 train to FLL.

Also found FLL-ATL one way for the return for $100 on DL. Makes it 5.25 CPM but avoids backtrack to MIA.

This might get me enough miles to kick over to Gold for the year which would be nice.

Hmmm....
make sure to to take the trirail in plenty of time, it can be delayed.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco

Samples:
UA: Sep 22 FLL-EWR-SEA-EWR-FLL $257ai (6920mi ~3.7cpm)
UA: Oct 29-30 SEA-EWR-FLL-EWR-SEA $257ai (6920mi ~3.7cpm)

DL: Sep 15 FLL-DTW-SEA-DTW-FLL $257ai (6100mi ~4.2cpm)

-TRAVEL ON THIS FARE COMPONENT ON EACH TRIP MUST COMMENCE BY MIDNIGHT ON 04JAN 13.
-One way fares.
At first I was exciting to see this as we have some UA vouchers and CO TCV to burn. Upon looking into the details, it is a huge disappointment.

The UA site is very deceiving - the actual itinerary EWR-SEA requires a change plane at DEN or IAH but it does not display a different segment for arrival / departure with new flight number, instead of a small fine print.

All told, for the fares under $350, all go thru either IAH or DEN as "Equipment change" some as short as 30 min some as long as 2+ hours. Most such itineraries take 12+ hours to get from FLL to SEA!

I dont know anyone would knowingly endure a total of 12+ hours to do it as a MR or as an actual travel but I am sure the way COdbaUA displays it, many folks might unwittedly book such a travel - 12+ hours to do a Transcon with 3 to 4 stops - torture!
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
At first I was exciting to see this as we have some UA vouchers and CO TCV to burn. Upon looking into the details, it is a huge disappointment.

The UA site is very deceiving - the actual itinerary EWR-SEA requires a change plane at DEN or IAH but it does not display a different segment for arrival / departure with new flight number, instead of a small fine print.

All told, for the fares under $350, all go thru either IAH or DEN as "Equipment change" some as short as 30 min some as long as 2+ hours. Most such itineraries take 12+ hours to get from FLL to SEA!

I dont know anyone would knowingly endure a total of 12+ hours to do it as a MR or as an actual travel but I am sure the way COdbaUA displays it, many folks might unwittedly book such a travel - 12+ hours to do a Transcon with 3 to 4 stops - torture!
I am not 100% sure what you are looking to book....I have a hunch the difficultly might be a date specific problem....

There certainly are some "through" flights with only one flight number FLL-SEA. I was very careful to post samples (the 2 routings you bolded) that have different flight #'s on each segment. The 2 samples I posted only have one stop each way (in EWR) and a travel time of ~10hrs.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
The ones I booked just have one EWR stop. This is the best MR deal I've seen in a long time.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demkr
The ones I booked just have one EWR stop. This is the best MR deal I've seen in a long time.
First of all, thanks for posting the finds.

I am not looking for a mileage run, just a reasonable way to burn my existing UA/CO currencies to a destination that is decent enough to go. At the end I forced a FLL-IAH-SEA-IAH-SEA itinerary using Multiple Destination option.

I first looked at the posted dates but they do not have $255 fares any more. Then I played around with other dates and then I found the EWR connection... but they are not the 1-stop flight when you simply use R/T FLL-SEA to search. You have to force it using Multiple Destination.

After a few tries I found the 1 stop at EWR but the layover is 3 hours. Not worth it. Plus the EWR-SEA is over 6 hours in coach. I would rather break it at IAH so the longest segment is only 4ish hours, and the layover is only 2 hours.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Happy
First of all, thanks for posting the finds.

I am not looking for a mileage run, just a reasonable way to burn my existing UA/CO currencies to a destination that is decent enough to go. At the end I forced a FLL-IAH-SEA-IAH-SEA itinerary using Multiple Destination option.

I first looked at the posted dates but they do not have $255 fares any more. Then I played around with other dates and then I found the EWR connection... but they are not the 1-stop flight when you simply use R/T FLL-SEA to search. You have to force it using Multiple Destination.

After a few tries I found the 1 stop at EWR but the layover is 3 hours. Not worth it. Plus the EWR-SEA is over 6 hours in coach. I would rather break it at IAH so the longest segment is only 4ish hours, and the layover is only 2 hours.
It sounds like what you are looking for is UA: FLL-IAH-SEA-IAH-FLL (simple RT)....I see this being available on many dates with this fare for ~$255ai.
Here is one sample date for that routing, and this can be found with a simple RT search @UA.com:
Sep 28-29 (flt#'s UA1147,UA464 and UA1222,UA1142)
Good Luck....

*FWIW, the original dates/routings I posted are still available, and at the prices I originally quoted @UA.com.*
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:43 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
doesnt seem to allow (double) connection thru SFO as UA usually does...I wonder if this is because FLL is a purely "continental" station
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
It sounds like what you are looking for is UA: FLL-IAH-SEA-IAH-FLL (simple RT)....I see this being available on many dates with this fare for ~$255ai.
Here is one sample date for that routing, and this can be found with a simple RT search @UA.com:
Sep 28-29 (flt#'s UA1147,UA464 and UA1222,UA1142)
Good Luck....

*FWIW, the original dates/routings I posted are still available, and at the prices I originally quoted @UA.com.*
I have a 09/12 outbound 09/24 inbound FLL-IAH-SEA on hold. Will trek to FLL airport to ticket it tomorrow, if the agents over there know how to do an itinerary change on a refundable, and know how to do a redemption of PMUA paper voucher with big residual value... Not have any expectation based on what has been going on... MIA has reported success for doing paper voucher redemption but FLL is closer to home so I would try that first.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 5:16 pm

I think I am onboard with you for your first itinerary. ua1170 1656, back on ua1129 1701
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Looks reversible. at least on DL

I'm seeing many options on DL to go SEA-FLL as well, ~$258 RT.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: DL MM & FO, HH Diamond
Question 55 Minute Turn in FLL - Enough Time?

Booked SEA-DTW-FLL-DTW-SEA with a 55 minute turn in FLL. Does anyone have local knowledge on if this will be problematic? I expect I can print all of my BPs before boarding the redeye Friday night, or get them at the SC.

Thanks!

T2
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:29 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
$181 is UA one way fare via EWR, seems little to no advance. I just hope the transcon 737s have IFE now

Last edited by idealflyer; Jun 12, 2012 at 10:30 am Reason: Note one way, not r/t

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.