AC: EWR - BER/DUS $596 - June, July, August

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC: EWR - BER/DUS $596 - June, July, August

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:03 am

Programs: UA G
Bah, looks like everything requires some amount of long haul on LH, which kills it for UA fliers
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by unavaca
Bah, looks like everything requires some amount of long haul on LH, which kills it for UA fliers
True, there is a lot of TATL LH metal in the mix, but it's certainly possible to avoid it. For example, if you do a flexible date search on ual.com for EWR-DUS, it'll show a number of ~$660.- options for July and August (e.g. August 1 - 3). Most of these connect through STR, GVA or MXP (like in the itinerary posted just above your post).

On ITA, you can do searches with STR, GVA, MXP or CDG specified as connection point. GVA and MXP get wide-body service from EWR, STR and CDG have the 757.

Non-LH options to BER are a bit more sparse and often seem to go through BRU using SN TATL, at least on ITA, so no E+ seating and no elite bonus as far as I recall.

And thank you to the OP, what a first post! I've booked a ticket for a summer vacation I was planning and for which I had expected to pay $1,000+, so while not a MR, it's a really great summer fare.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
K fare.
161 base.
Sun min stay.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
any body see any love for flites from SFO? using ua metal tatl preferably but luftansa would work. a quick search in ita shows approx. $1,800 from SFO trying to hook up at EWR. or about 1,300 doing a separate intin from sfo to ewr.then off to Ber.

Last edited by gallen5555; Mar 28, 2012 at 10:44 am
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:25 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by gallen5555
any body see any love for flites from SFO? using ua metal tatl preferably but luftansa would work. a quick search in ita shows approx. $1,800 from SFO trying to hook up at EWR. or about 1,300 doing a separate intin from sfo to ewr.then off to Ber.
LH would work given what's already been pointed out about K fares on LH for UA accrual purposes...?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
AC is back up to over 1k RT for those dates. UAL and Delta are still in the 600s ai, UAL through August.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG
Anyone still getting this in July or August? Source?

Thank you!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: U/A premier 1K. UA 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by LGA
LH would work given what's already been pointed out about K fares on LH for UA accrual purposes...?
yeah it would if i just wanted a vacation run for a good price and not fret the miles but i did point out u/a was my first choice
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: Not care as much as before...
after seeing the post, remember my old days in Berlin!

At that time, still SXF-TXL.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I'm an AA guy and was looking at booking my sister something on UA, but she's not sure date wise. When does fare lock appear? Is it on the payment information page or did I miss it somewhere else?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I'm an AA guy and was looking at booking my sister something on UA, but she's not sure date wise. When does fare lock appear? Is it on the payment information page or did I miss it somewhere else?
It's only available if the entire itinerary is on UA metal, codeshares are not allowed. This would rule out the EWR-DUS route since the only direct flight is operated by LH, and I think there were only very, very few days with K availability on the EWR-BER direct UA flight. If it's available on your flights, it shows right next to the flight details on the flight selection page. If farelock is not available, your only option to hold the fare for 24 hours is to purchase now and then cancel with no penalty within 24 hours if you change your mind.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by hogo74
It's only available if the entire itinerary is on UA metal, codeshares are not allowed. This would rule out the EWR-DUS route since the only direct flight is operated by LH, and I think there were only very, very few days with K availability on the EWR-BER direct UA flight. If it's available on your flights, it shows right next to the flight details on the flight selection page. If farelock is not available, your only option to hold the fare for 24 hours is to purchase now and then cancel with no penalty within 24 hours if you change your mind.
Exactly what I needed to know. She was ready to kill me. Thank you very much!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA,SQ no status on any
Originally Posted by hogo74
True, there is a lot of TATL LH metal in the mix, but it's certainly possible to avoid it. For example, if you do a flexible date search on ual.com for EWR-DUS, it'll show a number of ~$660.- options for July and August (e.g. August 1 - 3). Most of these connect through STR, GVA or MXP (like in the itinerary posted just above your post).

On ITA, you can do searches with STR, GVA, MXP or CDG specified as connection point. GVA and MXP get wide-body service from EWR, STR and CDG have the 757.

Non-LH options to BER are a bit more sparse and often seem to go through BRU using SN TATL, at least on ITA, so no E+ seating and no elite bonus as far as I recall.

And thank you to the OP, what a first post! I've booked a ticket for a summer vacation I was planning and for which I had expected to pay $1,000+, so while not a MR, it's a really great summer fare.
Wow, this just ruined my evening plans
You can fly OJ EWR-MXP-DUS 6/24 and BER-EWR nonstop back 7/4 for $639
Both TATL's on UA metal^
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NJviking
Wow, this just ruined my evening plans
You can fly OJ EWR-MXP-DUS 6/24 and BER-EWR nonstop back 7/4 for $639
Both TATL's on UA metal^
What's OJ?

Nevermind...got it. Open Jaw.

Last edited by n8onUA; Mar 29, 2012 at 12:59 pm Reason: Answered my own question
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA,SQ no status on any
Originally Posted by n8onUA
What's OJ?
OJ is Open Jaw
You don't go back from same airport as the one you arrived to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.