Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: BOS-SJU $141 R/T AI (3.04 CPM - Booked, MAYBE GONE?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ

I just booked this for my Mom, and made sure I did because I haven't seen a price like this since I was 10, other than the occasional Spirit sale....she was very happy to hear that I didn't have to waste her precious miles on a poorly-valued Y redemption...

I literally just typed in random dates into Kayak and it came up. I looked again and it's there, but not clicking through.....

Maybe someone can work their magic...Look at the Kayak explore map and you will see it there....

I booked through AA.com for March 7-14, $141.40, 4604 Miles, 3.04 CPM, and I can provide a screenshot

http://s629.photobucket.com/albums/u...urrent=sju.jpg
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
You may want to edit your record locator out of the image.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ
Yep, just thought the same thing....
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Still bookable, but only seems to work on the exact dates you have (3/7 to SJU and 3/14 return) and 3/6 outbound to SJU as well according to ITA and a cursory look at AA.com. Can be routed through JFK and MIA on the outbound. Also only valid for a RT.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Date span for the fare is very limited and minimum stay requirement. Probably sold out the fare buckets pretty quick. EF shows it as $80++ RT.

I did find 3/6 or 3/7 - 3/14, 5 segment trip.

Now that i look at full fare rules departures are only allowed over a three day span so I bet only 1 departure date has sold out so far

Last edited by CDKing; Feb 24, 2012 at 8:26 pm
Old Feb 24, 2012, 9:32 pm

...it`s just a netsaaver fare (though usually they`re short-hauls), so not that unusual regarding the restrictions

however..

for those looking to do a quick MR or 2.. since the fare is available both ways, you can do a same day or 1 night turn 2 weeks in a row for $255ai

I think it works out to something around 2.6cpm

great fare either way..
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:26 pm

Back to Back OK?

$282.80 ai for two RT and about 8k miles? Just wondering if back to back ticketing (on essentially a domestic AA ticket) will be honored...

Ticket #1: 3/6 BOS-SJU
Ticket #2: 3/7 SJU-BOS
Ticket #2: 3/13 BOS-SJU
Ticket #1: 3/14 SJU-BOS

Thoughts?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by BostonPaul
$282.80 ai for two RT and about 8k miles? Just wondering if back to back ticketing (on essentially a domestic AA ticket) will be honored...

Thoughts?
that is forbidden by the airline
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by BostonPaul

Thoughts?
How many times have you done this?
I do something very similar on UA, that is also forbidden, about 3-4 times a year.
My bookings are usually like the following:

Ticket 1: OJ: A-B, C-A
Ticket 2: B-C, C-B (normal RT, but my B-C segment is nested between my 2 OJ segments). I typically throw my C-B segment away but sometimes marry them to other orphan segments from my cost-cutting shenanigans to create another illegal RT or OJ. The above scenario allows me to violate the stopover limitations/conditions and typically saves me beaucoup. Of course, this is only advantageous when one-way fares are exceptionally high, primarily on international itineraries.

Having done this for at least 10 years, 3-4 times a year, and never having UA confront me about it tells me that someone who does it only a few times a year is just not on their radar screen.

In summary, I wouldn't worry unless you do it a lot.

Last edited by zombietooth; Feb 25, 2012 at 12:22 am
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
is this only out of BOS, were any other East coast cities included?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Doesn't appear so (at least NYC/WAS). I'm going to be up in NYC in a few weeks and trying to sneak in an enchanted trip...
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by navi-c
Doesn't appear so (at least NYC/WAS). I'm going to be up in NYC in a few weeks and trying to sneak in an enchanted trip...
I stand corrected.. BDL is a few dollars more.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Appears to be gone.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
How many times have you done this?
I do something very similar on UA, that is also forbidden, about 3-4 times a year. Having done this for at least 10 years, 3-4 times a year, and never having UA confront me about it tells me that someone who does it only a few times a year is just not on their radar screen.

In summary, I wouldn't worry unless you do it a lot.
I agree. Of course YMMV, but with zero history of this with AA, I'm in for two RT.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:31 pm

..not that I`m taking a position on the ethics of it (or possible consequences)

but I would think this is not the sort of fare airlines have those rules in place for.. usually it is to prevent throwaway ticketing or people trying to get around advance purchase or min/max stay restrictions on everyday fares...

in this instance since it`s a netsaaver fare (with tues/wed travel dates) chances are the flight loads are rather light and filling an extra seat by buying a 2nd roundtrip would just be additional revenue

I don`t think the concept of MRs were around when they put rules into place to prevent passengers who NEED to travel and don`t want to pay the going rate.. after all it seems most here are just looking for good cpm and would just the same pass on this fare for another thereby reducing the carrier`s potential revenue

on a technical standpoint it may still violate carrier rules unless it`s validated by them as an irregular end-on-end combo... if you really need to rationalize it though, just think that your extra $$ could help saave the airline

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.