Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good Deal Premium Fares 2012

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2012, 5:14 pm

Programs: M&M
Y'all should be careful about booking anything on MA right now. They can flip any time now...
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:06 pm

Y'all should be careful about booking anything on MA right now. They can flip any time now...
What does that mean? Airline is in trouble?

Actually it's all AA metal, so not sure what happens if MA is in trouble.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by goteed1
What does that mean? Airline is in trouble?

Actually it's all AA metal, so not sure what happens if MA is in trouble.
Oh yes they are on life support. The state is not allowed to pump them with money anymore and all they have left are debts. Knowing the "Hungarian way" of things I'd say they have a few months left then the bankruptcy will be used in politics to hammer the opposition (the previous gov't).

No idea how your ticket would be affected if they went under though, see the Spanair situation right now. They say flights on other metal should be fine but nobody knows what will happen when they actually try to check in.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Can anyone recommend a good travel agency in Sri Lanka? TIA!
I used to go back and forth to CMB and would buy my tickets through the airline's office in CMB. If you want to find a travel agent, send an e-mail to the concierge of the Sheraton there and they would be able to send you a trustworthy travel agent.

Also, I don't know if they still have it, but SQ from SGN was also at a good price.

Yours,

George
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by UrbaneGent
I used to go back and forth to CMB and would buy my tickets through the airline's office in CMB. If you want to find a travel agent, send an e-mail to the concierge of the Sheraton there and they would be able to send you a trustworthy travel agent.
Do you mean the Hilton? There's no Sheraton in Sri Lanka.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
For those considering the AA/MA deal, be aware that AA seems to have cancelled a number of JFK-BUD flights as of next April. Maybe earlier and/or later. They might even be pulling out of that market entirely. Sorry, no time to research it now myself, but just giving you a heads up.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
Originally Posted by nomad1974
For those considering the AA/MA deal, be aware that AA seems to have cancelled a number of JFK-BUD flights as of next April. Maybe earlier and/or later. They might even be pulling out of that market entirely. Sorry, no time to research it now myself, but just giving you a heads up.
AA pushed back the resumption to June for BUD and HEL both markets. This doesnt indicate AA will pull out of both.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by sleeplessinNL
AA pushed back the resumption to June for BUD and HEL both markets. This doesnt indicate AA will pull out of both.
OK, thanks for clarifying that. Like I said, I didn't really have time to research it, I just saw they had cancelled a whole bunch of flights in April etc.

Anyway, back to GDPFs :-)
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by mecabq
Do you mean the Hilton? There's no Sheraton in Sri Lanka.
I wish there was one!

But yea, the peeps at the Hilton are very helpful with all types of requests... I've also used the local Amex TA there.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Europe-HNL r/t ~ 2200 EUR a/i

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Available on AF/KL/DL and also on AA/BA.

Books into Z (AF) and tickets must be issued by Feb 7. Travel dates from now up until June. No change/cancel possible.

e.g. dep 1 June return 15 June

AA: DUS-(BA)-LHR-LAX-HNL , same on return - €2,268

AF: DUS-CDG-LAX-(DL/HA)-HNL, same on return - €2,297
not just Germany and not just AA/DL/AF

e.g. 3/14-3/18 BRU-EWR-HNL-ORD-BRU for 2200 EUR on UA/CO many other routing for extra miles also possible.

25-30k EQMs for this trip. Not a bad cpm
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
+1 I enjoyed AC's product as well
The biggest reason to avoid AC (IMHO) is so you don't have to go through the PITA canadian customs people!
In YVR/YYZ at least, you go straight from international to US immigrations/customs without ever entering Canada? Am I missing something?

I've done 2 AC J longhaul flights, and I was happy with both.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by whakojacko
In YVR/YYZ at least, you go straight from international to US immigrations/customs without ever entering Canada? Am I missing something?

I've done 2 AC J longhaul flights, and I was happy with both.
I've arrived one night to YVR from SFO on UA and had the worst immigration experience of my life. I spent 3 hours at the airport, interrogated by the police and they also turned on my computer and checked my data.
Why?
Becouse I am an Argentinian guy with Italian passport who lives in Spain, coming from Brazil via the US, staying in Canada for 15hours and heading to Japan the next morning. Is that so weird?

Last edited by heramato; Jan 31, 2012 at 9:01 pm
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by heramato
I've arrived one night to YVR from SFO on UA and had the worst immigration experience of my life. I spent 3 hours at the airport, interrogated by the police and they also turned on my computer and checked my data.
Why?
Becouse I am an Argentinian guy with Italian passport who lives in Spain, coming from Brazil via the US, staying in Canada for 15hours and heading to Japan the next morning. Is that so weird?
It's accurate to say that the Canadian Border police can be rather arbitrary and invasive. No different than USA. Perhaps with the added feature that union slowdowns or work-to-rule can also sometimes occur (I don't think that happens with USA CBP.)

I've experienced both very long lines, and more questioning that was really necessary for my trip/profile on entering Canada by air. By road the lines can be long.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:21 am

Guys, can we please get back on topic?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
GF: IST-MNL r/t all-in 1230 EUR

Maybe not a MR, but definitely a great fare from Europe to Manila, free stopover in Bahrain.

It books into D, many dates available from Feb to May. On some dates the price is as low as 1070 EUR, but most dates come up with 1230 EUR.

Sample dates: 22-Apr - 03-May.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.