TK "A" Fare Sale (Premium Economy) NYC/LAX - Europe/Asia/Middle East/Africa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TK "A" Fare Sale (Premium Economy) NYC/LAX - Europe/Asia/Middle East/Africa

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SE
thanks for the heads up had almost forgotten about routing codes.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Thanks for bringing this thread out of the dungeon This will get it a bit more attention. Now just to decide what to book.
Dungeon? I created the Good Deals in PE thread!

But yes if there is 4CPM and Y flying, it is not PE.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-GB) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by af fp
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Thanks for bringing this thread out of the dungeon This will get it a bit more attention. Now just to decide what to book.
Dungeon? I created the Good Deals in PE thread!

But yes if there is 4CPM and Y flying, it is not PE.
Haha fine, it's not a dungeon.. But it's more easily missed. I just wish the A class fare sale included Canadian origins.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:31 am

Great alternative to the rip-off W fares to Europe or Asia...

I would love to just book four of LAX-IST-HKG next year and finish up with 1K easily. That price is essentially the same as the W fare but you never know if your GPU will clear. I would like to get the guaranteed seat with A fare and hope CO will keep their mileage accrual rules instead of UA. When would the sale be done?

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Oct 30, 2011 at 3:42 am
Old Oct 30, 2011, 3:12 pm

Programs: their are many of them
I was doing some playing around and you can do a one way segment but it runs about 990 dollars

From IST-JFK in comfort in janurary.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks, OP! Was able to price out JFK-IST-PVG RT for $1508.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
OP nice work!!!

I love TK CC seats esp when I got that HKG-IST-LAX deal back in the summer.

Awesome.... Just too bad no good deal out of YYZ
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just flew TK JFK-IST and was surpised on how westerner were on the flight. Also flew Comfort Class, and was VERY impressed with thier service. During boarding the purser came around and thanked me for flying them (I'm 1K with UA) and wanted to know how they are doing compared with UA. My parnter and I upgraded for $250/pp from Y to Y+.

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Wow, if you were to believe the turkish airline website, turkey is full of EXTREMELY white people.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I just flew TK JFK-IST and was surpised on how westerner were on the flight. Also flew Comfort Class, and was VERY impressed with thier service. During boarding the purser came around and thanked me for flying them (I'm 1K with UA) and wanted to know how they are doing compared with UA. My parnter and I upgraded for $250/pp from Y to Y+.
May we know how mich you paid all-in and how long ago you bought your ticket? Not having much success looking for cheap seats. (BTW, is the price differential between regular economy and their Comfort Class pretty much fixed, so that when one finds a cheap economy seat, they will generally be able to buy up for that same amount, e.g., $250?)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:50 am

thanks for the post an info guys. I'm a rookie FTer in SF and need 10K more EQM to get to 1K on UA this year. Just wondering if there is any way for me to take advantage of this from SFO before the end of the year. Any recommendations?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
Originally Posted by itsme
](BTW, is the price differential between regular economy and their Comfort Class pretty much fixed, so that when one finds a cheap economy seat, they will generally be able to buy up for that same amount, e.g., $250?)
I think the prices are fixed for now. TK calls the buy up of 200 Euros a promotional fare. However, it's only per segment and I'm not sure what fare class it books into after that. So for a flight LAX-IST-HKG RT, there will be four segments. So 4 segments x 200 Euros = 800 Euros = $1100, not including the economy ticket.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:03 pm

Sorry if this Is the wrong place, but does anyone know of a way to check for upgrade availability using star alliance miles? For example, it looks like LAX to ICN books as A from LAX to IST and Y from IST to ICN. I presume this is because the flight to ICN does not have comfort. Is there a way before ticketing to check on kvs or elsewher whether US miles can be used to upgrade to business?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:46 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by lkar
Sorry if this Is the wrong place, but does anyone know of a way to check for upgrade availability using star alliance miles? For example, it looks like LAX to ICN books as A from LAX to IST and Y from IST to ICN. I presume this is because the flight to ICN does not have comfort. Is there a way before ticketing to check on kvs or elsewher whether US miles can be used to upgrade to business?
Yes, being a KVS Tool member, you can check TK Upgrade Availability -- please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
Yes, being a KVS Tool member, you can check TK Upgrade Availability -- please see http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes
Ok. I still get confused. Does CS+ mean that y upgrade to business with miles is available, in addition to being bookable as a straight mileage award? Or am I supposed to use availability to see if J is available on TK?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by lkar
No offense - but do you really need a up when it is in fact a old-style business?

The only difference is flat-bed and better food...

Is it worth it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.