Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

KL/DL: BOS(JFK)-LHR-AMS-YUL(YYZ) From $271 a/i 3.94cpm (Thanksgiving in Europe?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL/DL: BOS(JFK)-LHR-AMS-YUL(YYZ) From $271 a/i 3.94cpm (Thanksgiving in Europe?)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:11 pm

Ignorant question: So how do you suppose one get back to NYC after landing in YUL or YYZ?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:16 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by enigmatic
Ignorant question: So how do you suppose one get back to NYC after landing in YUL or YYZ?
Just find a cheap one-way ticket back.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ
Amtrak to NYC. I'm taking the bus back to BOS since a car rental was too much. It's only 6 hours or so.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Just find a cheap one-way ticket back.
Amtrak from either Toronto or Montreal to NYC. (If traveling from Montreal to NYC, you can convert 3,000 CO OnePass miles to Amtrak Guest Rewards Points, and redeem for a one-way Amtrak reward.)

Megabus also offers service from Toronto to NYC, as well as from Toronto to BUF airport.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Alitalia Confiscated iPod Club
for those wondering, amtrak will take half a day.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, DL Platinum Medallion, AF Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Just booked BOS-AMS on DL, AMS-CDG on AF and CDG-YUL on AF (with the A380!). 370$ in February.
I'm taking an overnight bus for YUL-BOS.
Thanks OP!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Amtrak from either Toronto or Montreal to NYC. (If traveling from Montreal to NYC, you can convert 3,000 CO OnePass miles to Amtrak Guest Rewards Points, and redeem for a one-way Amtrak reward.)

Megabus also offers service from Toronto to NYC, as well as from Toronto to BUF airport.
Sounds like you guys in NYC area have some alternate means of return. I don't have many options coming back to DAY, but a UA VDB voucher will be coming in handy for the return from YYZ

btw thanks OP! We'll be having a nice Turkey Day in AMS!!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
You could take the $1.00 MegaBus ;-)

Edit: Oop... Just read further and found that some already beat me for the MegaBus ....
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
TIP: For those of you near NYC, DTW, etc., you should be able to route through one of the hubs on the return, with a connecting flight from the hub to the Canadian city. If your plans change, you can just skip the last segment.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:52 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
Thrilled! What a trip! 9700 "Butt in Seat" miles or a tad more, MSY-ATL-LHR, CDG-YVR, all in $457.OO. I was looking to get 9600 miles so this fits perfectly for me. Total cost is almost $500 on the nose, since I had to buy a one way ticket to MSY on the maybe-going-bankrupt airline for 12,500 miles and $42.50. This to me from New Orleans is a great price to London and Paris. Will have only 23 hours in Vancouver but I'm sure I'll figure out some cool thing to do there too. Have only been to Paris once before. Very excited. The price is right. Thanks, everyone.

There were cheaper trips but this one got me the miles I was looking to get, and the other airline allows you to put award tickets on hold for several days so I didn't have to buy the cheap one-way ticket until I had decided on my dates for my European adventure.

What "FlytheTail" said might work for LAX, not just DTW, it looked like it might, but I have so many un-used miles at the other airliine that I decided to see if I could use a few of them instead.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
from YUL. Greyhound back to NYC is 7-8 hours. If you're lucky bus has wifi. might suck after the plane ride. $70 oneway

Originally Posted by Arthur Randolph
Just booked BOS-AMS on DL, AMS-CDG on AF and CDG-YUL on AF (with the A380!). 370$ in February.
I'm taking an overnight bus for YUL-BOS.
Thanks OP!
overnight bus from YUL-Bos is SO SLOW. beware. it makes all these local stops in Vermont and New Hampshire. It takes 8 hours.

Last edited by aaron1262; Oct 10, 2011 at 7:02 pm
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by aaron1262
from YUL. Greyhound back to NYC is 7-8 hours. If you're lucky bus has wifi. might suck after the plane ride. $70 oneway

overnight bus from YUL-Bos is SO SLOW. beware. it makes all these local stops in Vermont and New Hampshire. It takes 8 hours.
hehe, that is why I'll just pay the extra $100 for a flight back to WAS or BOS on the return. Either city works for me .
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:42 pm

Can't I just skip the flight to YVR and check my luggage to JFK?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:48 pm

Going FNT-LHR, AMS-YUL in Jan/2012 for $334 -- reposition back with award ticket.
Found on Kayak, booked on KL. Thanks to the OP for the info!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
For those of us in NYC, if you check a bag for example AMS-JFK-YYZ you have to clear customs with your bag anyways at JFK - can't you just pick up your bag and not take the JFK-YYZ flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.