Search

UA: JFK-LAS PS flights $240-$250 a/i

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Sexy UA 1K
UA: JFK-LAS PS flights $240-$250 a/i

Hey, Fellas:
JFK-(LAX/SFO)-LAS-(LAX-SFO)-JFK is $240-$250 in January and early Feb.

Same day return. Time to use those CR1 babies!

Sample itinerary: JFK-SFO-LAS-SFO-JFK (last seg. red-eye), $240.8

6,172EQM @ 4.05 cpm
6,172RDM @ 4.05 cpm
If 100% RDM, 12,344 RDM @ 1.9 cpm

Not the best buy but a good buy! Ka-Ching. Ka-Ching!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Pay to go to LAS?? Psssh!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:46 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by hotelmotel
Pay to go to LAS?? Psssh!
HAHA!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Damn - I'm literally booking a LAS-JFK for this week right now & I know that I'll need at least 2 more in January, but I won't know my dates for another few weeks! This probably won't last too long!
Old Dec 7, 2010, 9:53 pm

I am looking for a turnaround at LAS. Is UA 6369 the same equipment in and out? It's a tight connection, but shows the same Flight number. It would be doable then.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:29 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

Skywest doesn't keep any spare aircraft at las. Their ac tend to stay in motion so you should be fine. In case of irrops, co has many flights to ewr while aa, b6, and dl fly to jfk with multiple frequencies.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 9:19 am
Original Poster

... I stand corrected
See g_leyser's reply below

I said these based on my personal experience. If anything that I said is inaccurate, please correct me.

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I am looking for a turnaround at LAS. Is UA 6369 the same equipment in and out? It's a tight connection, but shows the same Flight number. It would be doable then.

Last edited by beamMeUp38; Dec 8, 2010 at 7:37 pm Reason: incorrect statement
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:45 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by beamMeUp38
If two flights have the same number, then I believe it is not possible for both of them to be in the air at the same time. One must land before the other can take off.

I said these based on my personal experience. If anything that I said is inaccurate, please correct me.
Your first statement is not exactly true. Two flights with the same number can be in the air at the same time, but one flight would have to slightly modify its call sign.

e.g. on United, UA938 goes SEA-ORD and the continues ORD-LHR. Obviously different aircraft. So if SEA-ORD is delayed and ORD-LHR needs to take off while the SEA flight is still in the air, they will change the flight number to something like 938T (938 Tango) to differentiate between the two flights.

Last edited by aisleorwindow; Dec 8, 2010 at 2:11 pm
Old Dec 8, 2010, 12:31 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Nice! Thanks for the tip. I missed a connection on a JFK-RNO mileage run last week and so only made it as far as SFO and not RNO. I was looking forward to playing the airport slots, too! But I guess I can do it at LAS in January now.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

^
Thanks!
I stand corrected!
You learn something new on FT everyday!

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Your first statement is not exactly true. Two flights with the same number can be in the air at the same time, but one flight would have to slightly modify its call sign.

e.g. on United, UA938 goes SEA-ORD and the continues ORD-LHR. Obviously different aircraft. So if SEA-ORD is delayed and ORD-LHR needs to take off while the SEA flight is still in the air, they will change the flight number to something like 938T (938 Tango) to differentiate between the two flights.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 12:40 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
UA transpacs almost always have letters on the end because UA strings so many long segments on a single flight number -- e.g., UA 881 BOS-ORD-NRT-TPE -- that it's almost impossible not to have two of the same flight number active at the same time.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1mm Gold. Former 1K and GS.
Originally Posted by beamMeUp38
Same day return. Time to use those CR1 babies!
I dunno about that! I did the similar RNO-SFO-JFK return yesterday.

Shut out for upgrades in BOTH dorections. Floated to #1 on the list outbound on M fare.

At JFK #14 on the list on H fare! Sheesh. Must've been 15 GS and 30 1K's in the flight from BP's I saw.

Yes it was a MR originally booked K but nicely re-booked into M/H fares.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 1:09 pm
Suspended

I did the RNO runs - routed thru SFO-LAX for extra eqm.
Got the UDU on SFO LAX both ways, and got 1 for 2 on the CR1s.
Ha an empty middle outbound, and was upgraded on the LAX-JFK red-eye.
Lucky, I guess.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

I usually do MRs on Saturdays. I had never had a problem upgrading to C on PS Saturday red-eye flights, even when I used E500 before.
Originally Posted by climmy

Shut out for upgrades in BOTH dorections. Floated to #1 on the list outbound on M fare.

At JFK #14 on the list on H fare! Sheesh. Must've been 15 GS and 30 1K's in the flight from BP's I saw.

Old Dec 10, 2010, 5:14 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by climmy

Was it a last minute booking? I've always cleared my p.s. upgrades this year, booking 3-4 weeks in advance. Often clear at booking; if not, then anywhere from a week to a day or two before departure. I haven't been denied an upgrade or had to sweat it out at the gate all year. Maybe I've just been lucky. But I fly on weekends and often on either 6am departures or redeyes...there is often NC space confirmable at booking. My 4pm flights from the west coast back to JFK have been the latest in clearing, but still cleared 1-2 days before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.