Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

Cheap/Free parking 20-30 minutes walk from Sears Tower?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Anyone know any street parking within 20-30 minutes walk from Sears Tower that is free on weekends? Or at least a meter that is free after 6PM , since I need to be there Friday evening and all day Saturday?

I usually just park in the 31'st lakefront park and ride my bike into town. But am looking for an alternate in case there is rain in the forecast.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:56 pm
BCH

There is an apt building right by the Fairmont Hotel, where it's $10 for the day. You have to enter from Lower Columbus road, right beneath the Prudential Plaza. It;s a pretty easy walk from there to the Willis Tower.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:20 pm
glg

From 31st beach, just walk over to King Drive and take the 3 bus.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Straight west on Adams Street (and side streets), west of Halsted, once you get a block or so past Greektown. Free all the time, although parking is difficult weekdays, but evenings and weekends it's fine. Probably a 15 - 20 minute walk.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Straight west on Adams Street (and side streets), west of Halsted, once you get a block or so past Greektown. Free all the time, although parking is difficult weekdays, but evenings and weekends it's fine. Probably a 15 - 20 minute walk.
Thanks, great location! I wonder how long before these become metered or permit only areas?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 12:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by show_me_the_points
Thanks, great location! I wonder how long before these become metered or permit only areas?
Meters were scheduled a couple of years ago. The community objected and the city actually listened! ^

It's also great for people who want to leave their car some place and take the Blue Line to the airport as there is a Morgan Street entrance to the Halsted/UIC stop just a couple of blocks south.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
On weekends the lots just south of the Congress around Wells/Clark street get dirt cheap.

I noticed this week that there is a lot just south of River City on Wells that charges $4 for the full day on Saturdays and Sundays. That's about a 10-15 minute walk from Big Willie. Some people find the area a bit odd, but it is now quite developed and there will be tons of people on the street during daytime hours and well into the evening.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:54 pm

Talking Chicago Parking Garage Rates

Rates on different parking garages in the area vary wildly. Compare rates and get discounted Chicago parking through SpotHero. .^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.