Short trip, ORD left luggage and transport to Magnificent Mile

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short trip, ORD left luggage and transport to Magnificent Mile

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
With one bag I would do the ORD Hilton thing - I usually give the bellman $5 on checking it and $5 on picking it up. Never had an issue.

The blue line goes right into downtown. I did the 1pm - 7pm deal once and found it very tight - basically just time to meet someone downtown for lunch.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 9:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Thanks for the info. Even allowing 3 hours roundtrip to/from ORD and an hour for security later afternoon, I'd still have around 5 hours to spend downtown and so think I'll probably go for it. Thanks for the Hilton ORD tip also and will give that a try.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 9:54 am
glg

Since you're interested in the Hard Rock, here's a map of the area. I pinpointed the Cafe, the Hotel, and the Blue Line stop that is closest to each. The cafe is about 1/2 mile north of the stop, the hotel is about 1/2 mile east of the stop.

Link
Old Aug 21, 2008, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tcook052
I thought I'd add to my Hard Rock Cafe collection and visit that location which is fairly central and would anyone know which stop on the Blue Line would be the closest? Any other recommendations of sights nearby I could combine with HRC stop? I am travelling back through ORD and stopping over for 2 nights when I return from BUD so will have some time for the highlights then, just wanted some input how to best spend the stopover time in Chicago. Thanks for any input.
Clark/Lake is the closest blue line stop - bit of a walk from the Hard Rock Cafe, but it is nice. You may want to stop in the Rock and Roll McDonalds right there as well just to look around as it is a neat place.

If you're up for walking around, I'd go east on Ontario to Michigan following the cafe stop, south on Michigan to Randolph and explore Millenium Park. Go west on Madison to State and walk north through the theatre area and then get back on the train at the JRTC. If you've got more time you could instead go west on Jackson to LaSalle and wander through the financial district there. Depending on the time of the day, the Federal Reserve may be open for tours - I've heard its neat, I've never been. You can board the blue line at a subway stop along Dearborn or back whereyou got off at the JRTC.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:06 am
glg

Originally Posted by bdesmond
You may want to stop in the Rock and Roll McDonalds right there as well just to look around as it is a neat place.
Is it still "Rock and Roll"? I thought they dropped that when they rebuilt it a couple years ago (I never go in there).
Old Aug 22, 2008, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by glg
Is it still "Rock and Roll"? I thought they dropped that when they rebuilt it a couple years ago (I never go in there).
Yup

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.