Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago Restaurant Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2007, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, UAL Premier Executive
Chicago Restaurant Recommendations

A colleague and I are on assignment in Chicago for the next few months. We ate at Rosebud on Rush and really enjoyed it, and would like recommendations for other restaurants in the area.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 1:50 pm

Programs: Credit Cards
I'd like to hear some recommendations as well.

I'll be in chicago next week.

--Russ
Old Oct 10, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton HHonors
Check out http://www.chowhound.com/boards/7
Old Oct 10, 2007, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
I'd imagine there are a quite a few threads regarding this in the Chicago forum.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
also check out metromix for reviews on restaurants, clubs, bars, etc.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 3:26 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

You can also post in Community and you may get some company to join you for lunch or dinner.

We had a nice get-together yesterday with 8 FTers for lunch and there will be one next week.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
The best meal I had on my trip there last month was at a plce called The Gage on Michigan ave accross from the Fine Arts.
Lots and lots of chains(local and national)in the Loop.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
The best meal I had on my trip there last month was at a plce called The Gage on Michigan ave accross from the Fine Arts.
Lots and lots of chains(local and national)in the Loop.
And I'd say that place is so-so, by Chicago's standards. There's a reason Chicagoans are kind of chubby.

To the OP: any particular kind of restaurant you're seeking?
Old Oct 10, 2007, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
I ate at Le Colonial, also on Rush street, this past weekend. Vietnamese. Very, very good. Sat outside to eat, but at one point, went upstairs to go to the lavatory. The 2nd floor eating area looks wonderful as does the bar up there.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 7:13 pm
In memoriam

Not fancy, not downtown (but not too far away, and close to an L stop), but really great Mexican food cheap. Bring your own beer, 'cause they don't have it, but, they will provide an opener and glasses at no charge.

This friendly restaurant is an institution in Pilsen. Reliable food and good prices have made Nuevo Leon one of the most visited places in the neighborhood by customers from all around the city. The Gutierrez family is very proud of the restaurant, and the history is a classic American Dream: Emeterio and Maria arrived in Chicago in the 1950s, establishing their restaurant in 1962. It is now operated by their son Danny and grandson Danny Jr. For lunch during the week they serve inexpensive daily specials. The regular menu includes pork chops, beef, enchiladas and tacos. The atmosphere is very lively and comfortable. This is the place to go if you are looking for something more elaborate than fast food. 1515 W. 18th St. near Ashland.
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:04 pm
glg

Originally Posted by Beermonger
LTHForum is better

http://www.lthforum.com/

One of my personal favorites in the area is Heaven on Seven. In the 600 N Michigan building, but entrance at Rush/Ohio (same entrance as the movie theater)

Last edited by glg; Oct 10, 2007 at 8:09 pm
Old Oct 10, 2007, 9:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by jessiemax
A colleague and I are on assignment in Chicago for the next few months. We ate at Rosebud on Rush and really enjoyed it, and would like recommendations for other restaurants in the area.
Pick up a Chicago Magazine at any news stand. It will give you reviews of countless restaurants in the city.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Best meal I have had in Chicago over the past couple years was at Le Lan.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, UAL Premier Executive
Thanks for all your suggestions. There was an article in the Chicago Sun-Times yesterday about the LTH forum. Their list of Great Neighborhood Restaurants will be out soon.
My colleague and I were working out in the West Suburbs last year and enjoyed the Rosewood Restaurant in Rosemount. We also tried Nick's and Harry Caray's near O'Hare. I didn't really care for either of them.
As I said in the original post, I'll be staying in the downtown area for the next few months..I'd like to use the opportunity to be a little more adventurous in my restaurant selections, and really appreciate all your advice.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by jessiemax
Thanks for all your suggestions. There was an article in the Chicago Sun-Times yesterday about the LTH forum. Their list of Great Neighborhood Restaurants will be out soon.
My colleague and I were working out in the West Suburbs last year and enjoyed the Rosewood Restaurant in Rosemount. We also tried Nick's and Harry Caray's near O'Hare. I didn't really care for either of them.
As I said in the original post, I'll be staying in the downtown area for the next few months..I'd like to use the opportunity to be a little more adventurous in my restaurant selections, and really appreciate all your advice.
You'll have to watch Community and join us for some of our downtown get-togethers or, as was suggested above, post something and have us join YOU!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.