Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago This Week

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PP...Southwest A+ CP
Chicago This Week

Flying in for a conference this week...bringing my wife...

She is not a fan of doing much alone, but she will have plenty of solo time Wedneday night and all of Thursday...

Any recommendations of where to send her? I think we will book massage/mani/pedi on Wednesday night (kills 2 hours)...was trying to book the chocolate tour, but they do not run on Thursday's.

Ducks tour is probably on the agenda, as is the Field Museum.

Any other good thoughts for a married women?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:52 am

[QUOTE=Machiavelli]Flying in for a conference this week...bringing my wife...

QUOTE]

If you get in Thursday / Friday the weather would support one of the architectual tours on the boats (which seem to be a highlight). It is supposed to be 60 and sunny on Thursday. Other possibilities include the Frank Lloyd Wright tours in Oak Park. A walk through Millenium Park and the Lurie Gardens and the Pritzker/Gehry Bandshell bandshell. Breakfast at the Peninsula. The Museum of Contemporary Art has a new exhibit on global climate (I think) change and design which is supposed to be good.

Or you can join the locals and frown outside the window at the people who ruined Marshall Field's (Macy's )
Old Nov 7, 2006, 12:00 pm

Oh, and here is one more depending on your calendar (not shy about promoting a worthwhile event).

++++++++++++++++++
The Grant Park Music Festival Presents

Cristina's Concert

Conductor Carlos Kalmar, Artists and Guests
of the Grant Park Orchestra

Cristina Purje
A Benefit Concert
for Cristina Purje

Friday, November 17, 2006
7:30 p.m.
Preston Bradley Hall
Chicago Cultural Center
78 East Washington Street

Cristina Purje, Grant Park Music Festival Library Intern, has been diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of adrenal cancer. The 26-year-old violinist, a Romanian citizen who came to the US to pursue her music education, does not have health insurance and does not qualify for public aid. This free concert is a benefit to raise funds and help offset Cristina's medical and living expenses.

Admission free. Reservations are required by calling
312-742-TIXS (8497).

Donations (checks only - no cash; minimum suggested amount $50) will be gratefully accepted.

Checks should be made out to the
Grant Park Orchestra Members Committee.

Grant Park Music Festival
205 East Randolph Drive
Chicago, IL 60601

[email protected]
Old Nov 7, 2006, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott PP...Southwest A+ CP
Thanks. We just got tickets to a small concert at Schubas on Thursday.

Unfortunately, we are flying out at 2pm on Friday, so that keeps us out of the Friday night gig.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 5:23 pm

Schubas is a terrific room with excellent sound. And I'm personally a huge fan of the Pernice Brothers (thanks for the reminder, forgot they were comign to town). They have somewhat recently prohibited smoking in the music room which is good for people who don't smoke, bad for people who do. The main bar still allows smoking. The restaurant attached to Schubas is pretty good if a little straight-forward..
Old Nov 10, 2006, 1:27 am
glg

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
Ducks tour is probably on the agenda
So google tells me that we used to have one of those (I had no idea), but it's out of business...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.