Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DTW Ground Transport to Downtown?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2006, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
DTW Ground Transport to Downtown?

I'm getting off an eastbound redeye one upcoming Saturday morning and heading into downtown Detroit to meet some friends (who'll already have a rental car) and see some ballgames. I've never not rented a car at DTW. But looking at the airport website, the only ground transport I see is city bus ("Smart Bus") Route 125.

There has to be more... doesn't there? Please tell me there's an Airporter bus service, or Gray Line, or hotel shuttle, or something.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 4:52 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by BearX220
I'm getting off an eastbound redeye one upcoming Saturday morning and heading into downtown Detroit to meet some friends (who'll already have a rental car) and see some ballgames. I've never not rented a car at DTW. But looking at the airport website, the only ground transport I see is city bus ("Smart Bus") Route 125.

There has to be more... doesn't there? Please tell me there's an Airporter bus service, or Gray Line, or hotel shuttle, or something.
Not really !

Public transportation to DTW is virtually non existent --- because guess what, for now (at least) Detroit is still the motor city.

Assuming your on NW, your best bet may be to go to the ground transportation --- it's across the bridge and the trick is to turn to your right and take the escalator down.

Choice would be a cab or Metro Limo --- alternatively you could stay at one of the DTW airport area motels and commute to downtown from there.

The good news is those hotels do have shuttle vans.

Bob H
Old Mar 28, 2006, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Thanks, BobH. Pretty incredible situation though; is there any other airport the size of DTW that doesn't have any dedicated ground transportation into the city?

Looks like the SmartBus for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.