Wiki Posts
Search

getting between terminals at MCI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2006, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
getting between terminals at MCI

I have a flight in a couple weeks out of MCI on NWA. I have a WorldClub pass that will get me into Delta lounges also. I see that Delta has a club in KC, but it is in a different terminal. I have flown out of MCI a few times, but never needed or wanted to switch terminals. How big of a deal is it to go between terminals? I will probably get there & have an hour to kill before my flight.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 9:28 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by ksucats
I will probably get there & have an hour to kill before my flight.
The parking lot (and maybe some others) shuttle busses run between terminals, but given their frequency or modest lack thereof, I'm not sure that you could count on getting to Delta and back with any time left to realx. DL's presence at MCI has diminished to the point that I wouldn't expect much from the club. MCI is a sort of empty place on the prairie, its terminals poorly designed for use in this High Security age, and its traffic never reaching expectations. I get depressed there...
Old Mar 5, 2006, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TMOliver
The parking lot (and maybe some others) shuttle busses run between terminals, but given their frequency or modest lack thereof, I'm not sure that you could count on getting to Delta and back with any time left to realx. DL's presence at MCI has diminished to the point that I wouldn't expect much from the club. MCI is a sort of empty place on the prairie, its terminals poorly designed for use in this High Security age, and its traffic never reaching expectations. I get depressed there...
Thanks. I will try not to arrive too early then. I agree that MCI is poorly designed with today's security. From what I remember, there is nothing inside of security, not even bathrooms. Maybe they will look at building a new airport in the near future, but I doubt it. If they do, hopefully it will be in the same time zone as the rest of the city.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 8:38 pm

They just finished refurbishing MCI a couple of years ago, so a new airport is highly unlikely. The folks around here tend to like it (obviously, not those who have had a plane delay and had to wait in the ghost terminals).
I have heard that they did put bathrooms inside a couple of the gate holding pens, but I don't know if they did anything other than southwest's area.
Old Mar 7, 2006, 9:58 pm

Programs: United 1k - Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by homer37
They just finished refurbishing MCI a couple of years ago, so a new airport is highly unlikely. The folks around here tend to like it (obviously, not those who have had a plane delay and had to wait in the ghost terminals).
I have heard that they did put bathrooms inside a couple of the gate holding pens, but I don't know if they did anything other than southwest's area.

The UA gates now have bathroom's past security. Used to be a real pain after having a few beers anda delayed flight.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TMOliver
MCI is a sort of empty place on the prairie, its terminals poorly designed for use in this High Security age, and its traffic never reaching expectations. I get depressed there...
I can see why one would get depressed there. I ended up being there over 2 hours early because we were done at the hotel & we figured we would go to the airport and find a place to eat. Huge mistake! The best place to eat in the entire terminal was expedia.com cafe. The food was OK, but geez. I used to live in Kansas City (before I travelled regularly) and I hated the airport. Mostly because of the location. When I lived there, I never relied on the airport for food, so I never really paid attention. It is too bad that they have spent all of that money on that airport. It would be really nice to have a better layout in a better location.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by ksucats
It is too bad that they have spent all of that money on that airport. It would be really nice to have a better layout in a better location.
That would make too much sense for the folks who run KC - if the politicos would get their rectal-cranial inversions fixed, perhaps the city (and the airport) might actually be decent...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.