Wiki Posts
Search

O'Hare Park and Fly

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
O'Hare Park and Fly

Anyone have any suggestions on good deals for park and fly out of O'Hare? I'll be traveling from ORD on Sept. 1 and returning Sept. 5. I need a hotel the night of Aug. 31 where I can just leave my car and take the shuttle to the airport.

Last edited by LucWise; Jul 2, 2005 at 8:06 am
Old Jul 2, 2005, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Anyone?
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Bump!
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by LucWise
Bump!
I'm not sure if you're specifically looking for something away from the airport, but I've historically had good luck parking at the economy lot and taking the tram to the terminal. I'm not sure what it costs at this point, but it's fairly convenient.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:25 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
I'd google. There are definitely quite a few around there.
The economy lot is $13 a day. There are also other lots around that are cheaper but require a bus shuttle. You can get to $10 a day or lower, but if you specifically want to stay the night before and do a p'n'f deal from a hotel, I know little as I always drive down that morning.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA, MR, AA
I got a $119 rate at the Renaissance O'Hare earlier this month. Parking up to 12 days.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 5:39 pm

Location: Near Chicago and Under the MDW and ORD Flight Paths, IL, USA
Programs: UA recovering Premier
Pros and cons with various choices.

Some of the cheaper off-airport lots leave a lot to be desired. A couple aren't much more than a converted gas station with a tiny lot -- and I expect that you have to leave your keys so they can move your car. You also have to deal with shuttle buses and that means walking to the shuttle stops behind the Hilton. That's a pretty good hike through the tunnels. I always wonder about those little lots when my flight wanders in at 2am. I'm not sure all of them are necessarily 24x7.

The ORD remote lots are a choice -- but remember that they are all outdoors and if you're at the far ends, you'll have the tram ride followed by a bus ride. The good news is that they are more convenient than the off-airport lots AND if you know what you're doing, you can completely avoid the I-190 mess at Mannheim.

The main lot is pricey ($26 a day). I use it for short trips. But the outside lot as well as the roof are the same price, so if you're parking in the main lot to get a covered spot, you might not necessarily get one -- you also might get pushed to the "wrong" side of the garage (T3 instead of T1) when it gets full, generally in the mid-afternoon.

I know people who swear by the hotel lots, even without an overnight stay. But the hotel shuttles often use the same shuttle area, so check where they will pick you up.
Old Aug 12, 2005, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by LucWise
Anyone have any suggestions on good deals for park and fly out of O'Hare? I'll be traveling from ORD on Sept. 1 and returning Sept. 5. I need a hotel the night of Aug. 31 where I can just leave my car and take the shuttle to the airport.
I've used Park-N-Jet a half dozen times. Quick service on the shuttle bus, but when you return you have to walk to the Hilton shuttle bus center. You lock your car and take your key. Its a fenced in lot, manned 24x7.
There is a discount coupon you can print out atthis park-n-jet website

I haven't tried the hotel parking lots.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
I'm not local, but when checking rates at the Westin O'Hare for a stay next week, I noticed a Park & FLy rate of $169, which includes up to 10 days parking.

Considering that their lowest rate for just a room was $249, this sure looked like a great deal. Wonder whether I can book this rate and then Not park

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.