Wiki Posts
Search

In a Hurry

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver
Smile In a Hurry

Landing in Chicago, 7:45 AM, Monday. Need to get to McCormick Place ASAP. Since it will be rush hour, what's the fastest way there from ORD Terminal 3? Won't be waiting for baggage. Want to get off the plane and get going.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Exec PLT; Marriott PLAT
Tough call, because rush hour traffic is so unpredictable. Yes it can certainly be crawling some days as you'd expect it to in which case taking the CTA would make sense over a cab. But I have seen days where traffic is moving reasonably fast even during rush hour. If you can get an current traffic report when you arrive, that would be ideal.

One possibility is to take the EL to the Chicago Ave stop. Get off there and hail a cab and have him take you to McCormick. Fastest way is probably just to go East on Chicago all the way to the end where you get to the Lake Shore Drive entrance, then Lake Shore to McCormick. With Taste going on right now, it's probably the best way to avoid the traffic glut in the surrounding areas.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 7:32 am

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
What way did you end up taking? Looking at the congestion map right now, it's 33 minutes from Ohare to downtown. That's not great, but it isn't horrible either. Seems like the cab method might have worked out okay today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.