Wiki Posts
Search

ATA to southwest

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2004, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GOLD
ATA to southwest

I am taking ATA connection to Midway and then flying Southwest. Are these terminals close, do I have to go back through security, and how close would you feel comfortable with as far as a layover.

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:06 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
ATA and WN leave from the same terminal in the 'new, improved' MDW so you don't have to pass through security between flights.

As far as time between flights, you can physically make it in 30 min. and Southwest gives you the option to check in online for a direct flight.... but given possible delays, etc., I would try to schedule 90 min.

Good luck!!
Old Jun 28, 2004, 8:43 am

ATA connection flights land at the far end of the airport and then bus you to a gate at the end of the ATA terminal. However, I believe the time is built in to the schedule. It is probably a good 10 minute walk from one end of the A terminal to the other. then you will hit the intersection of the other terminals. Southwest has all put the first couple of gates in B. If you're in one of the first southwest gates, you'll be there in a minute or so. If its one of the further out ones, maybe 10-15 minutes.

If you haven't checked in, there have been Southwest Check in Kiosks in the gate area. (I'm not sure if they are still there)

Southwest is usually pretty easy-going with its 'flat tire' rule. If you're destination is some place like MCI with flights every 30 minutes to one hour, I'd go for about a 30 minute connection. It should be physically possible, and there is ample fallback. If the ATA flight is later in the day, or your destination has more infrequent flights, I'd schedule at least 60+ minutes just to be safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.