Search

Jeremy Restaurant and Bar - Keego Harbor, MI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2003, 7:48 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Jeremy Restaurant and Bar - Keego Harbor, MI

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> I love this story: Young man graduates from the prestigious Culinary Institute of America, gets his first job working at Tribute under the renowned chef Takashi Yagihashi. Meets girl, a server at the same restaurant. They fall in love and marry. The couple saves their money, borrows some more, and opens a perfect little restaurant where both their talents shine. Paula and Jeremy Grandon opened Jeremy in June.

The frequently changing, seasonal menu has five entrées. Small menus are fine with me; you can have confidence that anything you order will be done right. Three of the five items featured food I usually don’t order in restaurants — salmon, chicken and steak. Since the co-diner had called the red snapper, I looked again at the list. OK, chicken.

And what chicken! Baked crisp on the outside, the inside was moist and lemony. It was partially de-boned, but some bones remained, enhancing the flavor. It was served on top of a slightly sweet polenta, with sautéed chard and fennel. Though the components sound ordinary, they are transformed with intense flavors. Grandon doesn’t rely on butter and cream to make his food memorable.

There are four appetizers, including scallops with a sauce of cauliflower and almonds, with grapes and raisins. The co-diner ordered the soup of the day, which was a thick eggplant purée with roasted garlic and pine nuts; it was incredible.

A salad of baby spinach and arugula is tossed with blue cheese, paper-thin slices of peaches, and cooked red onion, with a balsamic vinaigrette. I couldn’t imagine how cooked onions would be in a salad, but they were great, the cooking emphasizing their sweetness.

The co-diner’s red snapper was presented atop Asian somen noodles, bok choy and shiitake mushrooms. The whole was mildly flavored with curry.

Jeremy Restaurant and Bar
1978 Cass Lake Road
Keego Harbor, MI
248-681-2124
Open Tuesday-Saturday, 5:30-10 p.m.</font>
http://www.metrotimes.com/metropolis...ew.asp?id=8541

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.