Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast - Omega Retaurant

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2003, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Breakfast - Omega Retaurant

Had passed it many times and never really thought of going, but when I needed a good breakfast yesterday we decided to visit them.

AMAZING

Even before ordering they brought a large bread basket with Croissants, Bialy's, muffins and several kinds of rolls.

I ordered a corn-beef omlette and a side of sausages. The omlette came with hash browns (very tasty and well cooked), omlette was perfect, well filled and quite large.

Service was attentive and the place was busy but not much to still enjoy it.

Breakfast for 2, orange juice and tea was $32. When entering they have a very nice bakery, we had to close our eyes to not be tempted into bringing home something
Old Oct 6, 2003, 5:24 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
There are other Omegas in the Chicagoland area. Two more I believe.

They do an amazing amount of biz for sure.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
What's really amazing is that Omega has slipped significantly over the years, but it's still good for the standard Greek Restaurant breakfast. When I was in grad school in the late 80s, we'd go there for Sunday night dinner because the portions were large enough that many people (not me!) could have a full set of leftovers for the next night.

Their desserts look beautful, but vary. It's been a few years, but I thought their cakes were better than their other sweets.

I'm assuming you went to the one over by Golf Mill. The original is in Ogden in Downers Grove, and there's a smaller one that has struggled across from the west edge of the Yorktown shopping center.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold,HH Gold
Are they still open really really late? Used to go there alot when I was in high school and college because it was the only place open till very late. I never thought the food there was that great but not that bad either. Haven't been there in a long time. I personally am a fan of the McGriddle if my wife lets me eat them.

Old Oct 13, 2003, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by korea71:
Are they still open really really late? Used to go there alot when I was in high school and college because it was the only place open till very late. I never thought the food there was that great but not that bad either. Haven't been there in a long time. I personally am a fan of the McGriddle if my wife lets me eat them.

</font>
24 hours a day

We should meet up at 5am some time for breakfast
Old Oct 14, 2003, 6:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
We should meet up at 5am some time for breakfast </font>
just name a day.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 7:05 am

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles
Count the newbie in on the action.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 3:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
24 hours a day

We should meet up at 5am some time for breakfast
</font>
Are you serious? I would have to stay up all night to make it by 5 AM. If you pick a more hospitable time, I might even come pick you up.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 5:15 am

Let me know when the meet is. And, believe it or not, 5am doesn't scare me, but honestly---5:30 would be half an hour more convienent
Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
where izz de omega place...yp.yahoo.com keeps giving me too many frats
Old Oct 20, 2003, 11:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chichow:
where izz de omega place...yp.yahoo.com keeps giving me too many frats</font>
Golf & Dee Rd in Des Plaines is closest to you. NE corner.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 12:29 pm

There will be some people eating breakfast here this Friday at 7:30 AM. Oct 24. This is by invite only! Location is about a mile west of Golf Mill on Golf Road inside a pretty large strip mall. The restaurant itself is located separate from the strip mall closest to the street. Consider yourself invited.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by korea71:
There will be some people eating breakfast here this Friday at 7:30 AM. Oct 24. This is by invite only! Location is about a mile west of Golf Mill on Golf Road inside a pretty large strip mall. The restaurant itself is located separate from the strip mall closest to the street. Consider yourself invited.</font>
*hrumph* and I'll be btw NRT and TPE then...ah well...will have to make the next one.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
7:30? Darn... I absolutely need to be downtown by 8 tommorrow for a meeting. Next time.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 11:31 am

First time back here in a long time. Brought back some old memories. Crowd was very light for breakfast today. (just the way I like it)

AnnaS,ScottC,Larry, and I had a good breakfast. Portions were large and filling. Everyone had breakfast food but me. I had a bellybuster 1/2 pound cheeseburger and fries. It was good while I was eating it but I think it has now caught up with me.

I must say the waitress that served us was quite attractive. I think we will most likely be returning soon. Maybe a breakfast club or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.