Search

Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:51 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by milepig
So, we wound up with a gift certificate. I've never been much impressed with any of their options. Soulless commercial food. What's the least offensive?
if their food truly is not your thing, you could go the drink route at Three Dots & a Dash http://threedotschicago.com/
-
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bsdstone
I'm guessing you haven't looked at a lot of their options lately. RPM is fantastic Italian...if you like Sushi, Naoki is fantastic, but a little over priced, IMO.
In my opinion, RPM Italian is over priced as well. It was good, but there are a lot of good Italian options a short cab ride away for less money. But hey, if you have to use the gift certificate, not bad.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by JBord
In my opinion, RPM Italian is over priced as well. It was good, but there are a lot of good Italian options a short cab ride away for less money. But hey, if you have to use the gift certificate, not bad.
Agree, it is over priced. But if you're looking for a place to burn something you got for free, it's probably a good option.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Tru to close Oct 7th, http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining...tru-story.html
-
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Bummer!

That's a really long run for a high end restaurant!
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:20 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Bummer!

That's a really long run for a high end restaurant!
But...Lettuce is taking over the former Pump Room space, the name is disappearing and Rick Tramonto is returning to Chicago to run what will be called Booth One3. Interesting how things come full circle. (Tramonto was the co-founder, with his ex-wife Gale Gand, of TRU but has been running restaurants in New Orleans and Mississippi in recent years.)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
But...Lettuce is taking over the former Pump Room space, the name is disappearing and Rick Tramonto is returning to Chicago to run what will be called Booth One3. Interesting how things come full circle. (Tramonto was the co-founder, with his ex-wife Gale Gand, of TRU but has been running restaurants in New Orleans and Mississippi in recent years.)
And Grunt's is still open.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chgoeditor
... and Rick Tramonto is returning to Chicago ...
he used to have a place in Wheeling next to the Westin which I enjoyed and a place in Northfield as well.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Cool Go overseas.

If you still have a valid LEYE certificate card, I can recommend , High Five Ramen, its try at a Japanese ramen shack.
It is genuinely good. Brendan Sodikoff linked with Brian Mac Duckston on a ramen-eating escapade through Tokyo. This was the result.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:31 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by pudgym29
If you still have a valid LEYE certificate card, I can recommend , High Five Ramen, its try at a Japanese ramen shack.
It is genuinely good. Brendan Sodikoff linked with Brian Mac Duckston on a ramen-eating escapade through Tokyo. This was the result.
You've gotten Ramen-San and High Five confused. As you correctly note, High Five is owned by Brendan Sodikoff's Hogsalt Hospitality group, a competitor to Lettuce Entertain You, which owns Ramen-San.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.